When your system stops processing shares in a visible way..

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bellaminer

When your system stops processing shares in a visible way..

Post by bellaminer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:23 am

When Prohashing systems stop processing shares in a visible way, i.e., not increasing our visible ledgers, you should be A) disconnecting our miners so they go to a backup pool, or B) providing some type of accounting that shows what the payouts should have been so we can review later.

When your system continues to process our shares we have no way of knowing what we are owed versus what you are keeping. I understand that you are claiming you are taking from your own funds to cover shared proportionate delays. However, from my view point I see a system that continues to use my miner's hashing power without any record as to what compensation I was owed.

If we are going to continue experience service interruptions, which I suspect we will, we are entitled to more transparency then just some nebulous "you should see an adjustment" statement. This is a crap-ton of money exchanging hands and we deserve a tad more than that. Your service is great in many respects, but not when it comes to these types of outages where we are completely and utterly in the dark.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: When your system stops processing shares in a visible way..

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:48 am

I understand the concern here. I've love to respond by saying that we're going to be able to do this immediately, but the truth is that we are hiring people as quickly as possible, and they can only be trained at a limited speed. Exchanges like Coinbase are also seeing this problem, in that they are getting so many new customers that their limiting factor is not money but their ability to hire and train people.

When she is fully trained, Constance will be spending most of her time making significant changes to the website, a part of the system that hasn't had much attention until recently. One of the features that was requested was a renovation of the "account activity" table, to make it clearer what was earned and paid, and also what corrections (if any) were made. I'm hoping that she will be able to address your concern in January by adding new rows to the table.

We also plan to hire an a dedicated customer service representative, as soon as Constance knows enough about the system to be able to train him or her. The customer service representative will be able to answer payout and balance questions more quickly than we can.

Thanks for your patience while we increase our staff! I'm hoping that you'll see dramatic improvements once we have the manpower available make them!
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:02 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:I understand the concern here. I've love to respond by saying that we're going to be able to do this immediately, but the truth is that we are hiring people as quickly as possible, and they can only be trained at a limited speed. Exchanges like Coinbase are also seeing this problem, in that they are getting so many new customers that their limiting factor is not money but their ability to hire and train people.

When she is fully trained, Constance will be spending most of her time making significant changes to the website, a part of the system that hasn't had much attention until recently. One of the features that was requested was a renovation of the "account activity" table, to make it clearer what was earned and paid, and also what corrections (if any) were made. I'm hoping that she will be able to address your concern in January by adding new rows to the table.

We also plan to hire an a dedicated customer service representative, as soon as Constance knows enough about the system to be able to train him or her. The customer service representative will be able to answer payout and balance questions more quickly than we can.

Thanks for your patience while we increase our staff! I'm hoping that you'll see dramatic improvements once we have the manpower available make them!
First, I appreciate your prompt response. However, I think given your lack of visible accounting you should be disconnecting miners. If I have learned anything in the crypto world its that you can only trust what you can see. In short, show us the money or disconnect us. I love your pool for many reasons, but this has the potential to force myself and many other large scale miners (e.g., 10+ asic miners) to other less-profitable, yet more transparent and stable places.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:33 am

bellaminer wrote: you should be disconnecting miners.
Why? So i can be making less? No thanks.

Don't act as though your opinion is the only one that matters, if you feel that strongly, there are other pools that don't offer you bonus' for their mistakes.
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:51 am

Aura89 wrote:
bellaminer wrote: you should be disconnecting miners.
Why? So i can be making less? No thanks.

Don't act as though your opinion is the only one that matters, if you feel that strongly, there are other pools that don't offer you bonus' for their mistakes.
I understand your counter argument, namely you would prefer to trust PH and not go to another pool when things get unstable. But that doesn't mean I have to agree this is a reasonable trust to give.. particularly without any accounting attached. I'm glad they have given bonuses in the past, but they still have a lot of room for improvement when it comes to transparency.

I have faith in these guys that they will hear valid concerns and strive to improve service. Indeed, look at Steve's response to my concerns. Don't attempt to invalidate my concerns just because you disagree.

Lastly, having an opinion is not the same as suggesting my opinion is more important than others. I think your opinions would be better heard if they weren't delivered in a dismissing/argumentative tone. I see a lot of posts in this forum that end with "GO AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE <X> ABOUT PH, THESE BROTHERS WORK SO HARD..." Lets grow up a bit and realize that we don't have to drink the cool-aide to help make PH a better pool for everyone.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:24 pm

I must have missed where other pools are so much more transparent.
Although I did catch a good video the other day of one pool admitting they had a breach, lost a lot of money and basically fucked up.

Bellaminer: Aren't there like programs you can buy, Awesome miner or something, that will monitor your rigs and auto move them to another pool if your rates fall under a certain amount? That way its not a matter of what you can see from your end, but what the monitor program tells you the miners are telling it, the rates it is going at.

Would that give you more control over it?

Just curious also, the webpage was messing up a lot yesterday, does anyone use the API?
how was that flow of data while website was messing up the past few days?
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Fri Dec 08, 2017 1:41 pm

AppleMiner wrote:I must have missed where other pools are so much more transparent.
Although I did catch a good video the other day of one pool admitting they had a breach, lost a lot of money and basically fucked up.

Bellaminer: Aren't there like programs you can buy, Awesome miner or something, that will monitor your rigs and auto move them to another pool if your rates fall under a certain amount? That way its not a matter of what you can see from your end, but what the monitor program tells you the miners are telling it, the rates it is going at.

Would that give you more control over it?

Just curious also, the webpage was messing up a lot yesterday, does anyone use the API?
how was that flow of data while website was messing up the past few days?
You're conflating issues re: transparency. I don't know of any other pool that continues to hash without distribution of shares and an accounting thereof. NH (and Zpool, and every other major pool) would at least kick my miners off if they were experiencing service interruption that would prevent them from properly accounting for earnings. NH is no example when it comes to security, but for reliable service + transparent payouts, they did pretty darn well.

I have Awesome miner, but Awesome miner would not have fixed yesterday mornings losses.

Please don't pretend there is some operator error that stopped me from earning yesterday. The last time I brought up a pool issue you jumped in and presented the same line of argumentation, i.e., its not PH its you. Minutes later Steve noted the servers had crashed. Note above Steve acknowledged the had a server issue yesterday and they cannot account for the shares during that outage?

Here is a suggestion for you: stop minimizing the concerns of people like me who bring critiques regarding transparency and outages. You have a disturbing pattern of chiming in with your bold green name is if you know something, when you often do not. Your attitude is no credit to PH, and I hope you reconsider your approach in the future.

I do not use the API- fyi.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:12 pm

bellaminer wrote:Please don't pretend there is some operator error that stopped me from earning yesterday.......
Sorry I must have missed the part where I said any of that.

You had an problem.
I tried to suggest a solution.
You said that solution wouldnt work for your problem.

Sorry, I will look for another way to assist you in this matter.
HAPPY HASHING!
deathlessdd

Post by deathlessdd » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:27 pm

I think that with everything going on right now with NH shutting down and pretty much overloading every pool that is worth using had an effect on everyone so I would give it a few days to weeks to calm down from everyone panicing and pool hopping and over loading pools everywhere.