scrypt not allowing connections

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
bellaminer

scrypt not allowing connections

Post by bellaminer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:54 pm

I rebooted a miner and now it can't connect to prohashing's scrypt port. I rebooted a second miner of mine and the same thing is happening. Is this a known issue? I dont want to reboot my other miners or they won't be able to reconnect either.

FYI, from miner:

ping prohashing.com
PING prohashing.com (167.88.15.87): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=0 ttl=54 time=34.566 ms
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=1 ttl=54 time=34.285 ms
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=2 ttl=54 time=34.432 ms
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=3 ttl=54 time=34.212 ms
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=4 ttl=54 time=33.977 ms
64 bytes from 167.88.15.87: seq=5 ttl=54 time=34.581 ms

--- prohashing.com ping statistics ---
6 packets transmitted, 6 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 33.977/34.342/34.581 ms
AppleMiner

Re: scrypt not allowing connections

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Nov 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Yes, there is a max user number in place.
You will have to wait for others to disconnect before you will see the site as ALIVE and connect in to mine.

You have to just wait and be patient, eventually you should get in.
bellaminer

Post by bellaminer » Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:01 pm

AppleMiner wrote:Yes, there is a max user number in place.
You will have to wait for others to disconnect before you will see the site as ALIVE and connect in to mine.

You have to just wait and be patient, eventually you should get in.
I thought it was set at 10k? At the time my connections were failing they had less than 8k workers. Seems like they have a problem, and not just a max worker issue
jaether

Post by jaether » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:29 am

Hello,
First of all I like to say that I am a big fan of this pool. One of the reasons is the possibility to solo mine which I can't find on other pools.
Having said that, now I am having problems with solo mining. every time I try to do this my machines are only calculating hashrate for a while an than connection is lost. With my L3+ miners I am trying to solo mine Bitconnectcoin or sometimes other coins. Before I had no problem with it.
So my question is, is it still possible to Solo mine at Prohashing??
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 25, 2017 4:55 am

If you are using the m=solo c=bitconnectcoin for a password then yes it is still possible.

The server was rebooted I believe for a patch that was announced by Steve in a forum post earlier in the evening, and there is still a worker cap in place until that is resolved and more workers can get online.

They hope over the weekend to make some improvements and increase the max workers. If all goes well there is even talk of reopening the registrations here in the next few weeks rather than late in Jan 2018, so hopefully that means the timetable has moved up some.

The next few days may have some growing pains, possible restarts, taking time to get reconnected while they deploy new parts of the upgrade and have to fix any bugs that they weren't able to test without a full load on the system. But hopefully all returns to normal and the profits continue to increase for everyone.

HAPPY HASHING!
jaether

Post by jaether » Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:06 am

Thanks for your reply!