Payouts Split by Machine or Algo

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
a3miner

Payouts Split by Machine or Algo

Post by a3miner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:24 am

Hello

I really need to specify the currency payout on a machine basis or at least on an algo basis. Ie. For X11 and Scrypt separately.

Can you add this functionality please?

I want all my X11 miners to payout in Dash and all my Scrypt miners to payout in LTC for example.

I dont want to set a % split in amounts because the amounts mined may change between the Scrypt&X11 miners.

Does that make sense?

I hope other people have the same wish!

One could simply decide on an algo basis and since you are only offering two algorithms it should be very easy. Isnt it? :D :D :D :D :D
Basara

Re: Payouts Split by Machine or Algo

Post by Basara » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:41 am

You could just make another account when they re-open registration having all Scrypt / Dash log onto different accounts. Developing code for that just seems silly.
a3miner

Post by a3miner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:51 am

Yes i know. When they reopen end of January 2018! But its not silly. Since the fudge payout is working against mining for a single currency which you want to support. All X11 machines should support X11 ccy's not other currencies. Have you never asked yourself why Bitcoin is rising more and more? Maybe because everyone is selling X11 and Scrypt currencies to get paid out in BTC (see Nicehash for example).
So i think it is totally sensible to split the payouts on an algo basis. It is silly to suggest to open another account. Its saying if you dont like to drive this way just buy another car, because this one will only want to drive that way. Its a programming silliness not to do it.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:23 pm

If you're that worried about supporting a cryptocurrency that you want to support, then why wouldn't you split it? Split it by however much you want to support it, rather then some arbitrary number your device mines at.

Not to mention the fact that holding onto cryptocurrency does not increase its value. BUYing cryptocurrency does.

As to "x11 machines should support x11 cryptocurrancy" I'm sorry but no? You should support whatever cryptocurrency you want, regardless of what your miner is mining. By that logic we are all screwing over every cryptocurrency that is not our payout cryptocurrency, since we are in a multipool.
a3miner

Post by a3miner » Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:58 pm

Aura89 wrote: Not to mention the fact that holding onto cryptocurrency does not increase its value. BUYing cryptocurrency does.
WRONG!

You are exchanging one currency to BUY your payout currency.

If you want to buy Bitcoin at 8000 it’s your choice!

I prefer to hold on to Dash for my D3s and likewise for the L3s.

If I cannot accurately determine how much of Dash and LTC I am producing then I am eventually overbuying one and overselling the other. This is just a small scale difference but it matters to me! It doesn’t look like it matters to you, or you haven’t actually realized that you are BUYing a currency. (Worry)
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:07 pm

Completely agree with you a3miner and i hope we will see something done about it, im not happy about the way i hasve to run my new d3 without being able to separate their earnings from my scrypt. I cant say if they had a good or bad day. Second account just for other algo is a bit extreme, but i will do that if no other choice is available.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s