My L3 are just mining LTC while i have merged Mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
caosmen

My L3 are just mining LTC while i have merged Mining

Post by caosmen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:48 am

Hi,

i just wondering. Since days i just see that my miner are mining LTC. sometimes Bitconnect but then all time LTC. I have merged mining.
In the past i often saw different things but last week or 2 just LTC.

Anything wrong ?

Thanks

caos
glccom

Re: My L3 are just mining LTC while i have merged Mining

Post by glccom » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:42 am

Mine too.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:10 am

Nothing is wrong, with the prices going up, LTC now has one of the highest profitable ratios of $ per hash so it now gets picked more often to be the coin the autopool is working on.

You still want to be mining the best profit coin when able to right?
caosmen

Post by caosmen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:37 pm

Hi,

LTC is always place 20-25.

as you see or know there are so mutch different coins.

IF LTC is so often the best one, why is LTC never one between place 1-5 in this grafic ?

caosmen

Post by caosmen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:39 pm

and again just LTC mining

Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:53 pm

Again, with the rise of litecoin price, it is one of the more profitable coins. This should be obvious with the fact that places like litecoinpool were mining around $10-$11 per day and are now mining $14-16 a day.

And it doesn't matter what YOUR miner is mining as long as it keeps it busy and decent performance, as you get the same cut as the rest of us.

If litecoin continues to rise, and litecoinpool and etc. start to do $20 a day, you can bet we'll go along with it.

As well, not everyone can be assigned to one coin, there are limits, which is why you don't see 9600 miners all mining the top 25 coins, or even the number 1 coin for that matter.
caosmen

Post by caosmen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:57 pm

mh ok

i never new that i get the same cut as everybody. i thaught if you mine lets say 24 h the most profitable coin you get your money and if someone just mined the worst coin he get his money for that. Merged mean also that we merge our earnings ???
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:17 pm

As I understand it:

If you are Solo mining a static coin, you keep almost all of what you find for block rewards, and get merged mining for that coin you are mining when the pool finds the block for that coin. You are paid out in the coin you are solo mining.

If you are static mining in the pool, by not using the m=solo, and by selecting c=coin to specify the coin you want to stick with the whole time, you get shares of the blocks found by the pool working on the coin set by c=coin value. Depending on the coin the autoswitch pool may or may not assign large hashrates to that coin. Factors can include the amount of solo mining already applied to that coin and max network hashrate needed for that coin. As a result you could be mining static in the autopool the most profitiable coin, but if the pool is not directing enough hash at that coin, either solo miners will find the rewards over and over and all you will get for the whole time is merged mining rewards for all the blocks found on that coin, or it find 1 or 2 rewards and then drop down to the lower half of the profitable coins. This method is not recommended as it has shown much lower payouts than autopool mining and can be counter productive. You can specify payout in any coin(s) you want using this method.

If you are autopool mining, allowing the pool to decide. It will assign you to the most profitable coin. It cannot place everyone on the most profitable coin, it would flood that coin and kill it. The picker places miners on each coin until it finds a coin with enough network hashrate required to fill the rest of the pool's available mining capacity currently looking for their next highest coin to mine after having found the last block of the coin they were last assigned. Once the pool finds the block of the coin you were assigned, it scans for the next highest profit coin it can swap you to. The longer it takes to find the block, the more time you have put into finding the block for the same reward, the less profitable the coin becomes to mine. You earn shares for the coin you are assigned and everyone in the pool at the time the pool finds a block splits the reward based on the shares earned for that reward. People assigned higher value coins will earn more, people assigned to lower coins will earn less. Over the average, a period of time, say 24 hours...everyone will hit the highest, lowest, and middle profitable coin the pool is currently assigned to mine the same number of times and should all have the same average. You can specify payout in any coin(s) you want using this method.
caosmen

Post by caosmen » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:58 pm

thanks for posting.

now i understand