Prohashing is non-stop surveilence to see if you're still mining

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
karnoka

Prohashing is non-stop surveilence to see if you're still mining

Post by karnoka » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 am

Hi, i have been mining at prohashing for over a month now.
i've been having this issue where if i don't pay attention for a while my hashpower starts dissapearing into thin air.

last week has been taking the cake, i had to reboot my L3+ miner almost daily.
sometimes the miner just stops mining for "me", while the machine seems to be running normal as usual according to the miners configpanel and by the sound of it..

is this some kind of a bug?
why does my machine sometimes keep producing hashes but no income?
Basara

Re: Prohashing is non-stop surveilence to see if you're still mining

Post by Basara » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:08 am

I use to mine here about a month ago.. till Hashflare cloud mining services started pointing their mining farms towards Prohashing. Which their success in coding was their downfall to an extent as miner growth grew faster than expected. Nov 21 should be sunny times.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:04 am

Karnoka, are you using the latest firmware for the L3+?

I do not have any of these issues, however, if you do not have a backup server, such as litecoinpool or whatnot, when prohashing goes down, your L3+ will act as though its still doing something and will even be loud and taking power. So if you do not have a backup pool, set one up.
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:14 am

Hrm, interesting observation, i have a similar issue but just with my titan rig.
I used to be able to run it both static coin and pps. More recently i solo mined dnote, no problem.
Last few weeks thou my titan does not like this pool anymore, the more i try tweak the settings in password field the harder it gets to get back on. if it even connects the hash power fluctuate heavily, and shifts to my backup pool, while still showing up on a gradual descending slope of hash power on PH at the same time, until hitting zero. The titan keeps on grinding being kicked between PH and backup, and at some point get stuck on 20-30 mh/s total hashing while die temps stay as if it was hashing full power. and this seem to keep going around forever i'd be happy if machine actually ran 100% half of the day like this.

Mostly i just want to be able to run the rig on here, but i can not babysit it 24/7.

Btw, the D3 have a tendency to show dead boards or dies, but even hours later pool is still showing rig as hashing at capacity..
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:29 am

The titans take forever to ramp up to speed and start to show their actual hashrates.
If you are coin hopping each hop takes it some time after a switch to ramp back up to speed, the restart times are horrible.

Since they have a limit imposed on the pool that basically kicks low hashrate performing systems that aren't up to snuff, it could be the titan is triggering a kickout that its hashrate is too low. Maybe try adding c=bitconnect to the titan and see if it will static mine just bitconnects and not hop and get up to speed and stay there.