Always disconnected

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
MrCoffee

Always disconnected

Post by MrCoffee » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:27 pm

Hi, if I try the paramater c=Gulden, or c=Verge, (other coins too) I am always disconnected after 2-3 minutes. Also with m=solo c="coin" same problem. I am having L3+ Antminer
Can anybody help pls? Thnks
AppleMiner

Re: Always disconnected

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:41 pm

It really depends what you are trying to do.

m=solo c=verge should work. m=solo c=gulden should work also, if you want to solo mine those coins.
If you are NOT using the m=solo the pool may have too much hash power on the coin and may bump you if not in the autoswitch pool or solo mining it.
MrCoffee

Post by MrCoffee » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 pm

ty, but m=solo c=gulden and so on isn´t working...
I am in autoswitchpool also. My miner is overclocked to 650 Mh/s, can this be the reason?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:59 pm

Copy/paste up what the password is for the pool you are using and we will see what we can do.
MrCoffee

Post by MrCoffee » Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:48 am

Password is c=Gulden for example
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:09 am

So you put the password in, and you click apply, wait 90 secs for it to reboot the miner, then you click on the miner's status page, and it comes up and shows PH pool as DEAD.

Then you sit and wait 5-10 mins and maybe eventually it connects in and sees the site as ALIVE and starts to mine.
Unless the pool already has too much hash power on the coin you are trying to static mine.

TBH I'm not sure why you would want to only mine 1 coin in the autoswitch pool statically and get less of a payout than others who are in the autoswitching pool that mines the most profitable coins at the time, but if that is what you want to do, then setting c=gulden should work.

If there is something else you are trying to do or have additional info on what process you are going through to get the results you are and what results you want to get instead, post up that info and we can take another look at it for you.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:50 am

get rid of c=gulden if you don't have m=solo, there is literally no point in mining one coin and not doing solo.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:51 am

I just present the data they are asking for and allow them to do whatever they want.
If a person wants to mine doge coins and thats possible I will be more than happy to help set them up.
Now why they only want to make 50 cents a day instead of 20$ Im not sure, but that wasnt what I was asked to help them with.

@Aura89 sure there are reasons to mine a single coin and NOT to do it solo.
I used to have my KNC titans on here and they would static mine BCC in the multipool and did it quite well.
With a static coin they didnt switch, so they didnt drop back to 0 and ramp back up to 550 over the next 3 mins each coin switch.
I was able to peg 550 speeds on the titan setup after 3-5 mins and it would stay that way all day long. The restart times made the KNC switching coins worthless, but the static made them profitable.

So there CAN be reason to do it.