Dropping scrypt rewards

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Dropping scrypt rewards

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:48 am

On 11/13 with the downtime that day's payouts were down.
But I am still getting close to $18 a day per L3+ miner I have running.

18 X 21 = $378
So I am still right there in that neighborhood. Not sure how others are dropping 40-50% profits as mine still seem on target.
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:34 pm

AppleMiner wrote:On 11/13 with the downtime that day's payouts were down.

18 X 21 = $378
So I am still right there in that neighborhood. Not sure how others are dropping 40-50% profits as mine still seem on target.

I'd sure like to know the secret on how you're getting $18, I haven't seen above $15 in over a week and most days I'm around $9-$12
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:17 am

The coin you pick also totally affects the payout you get per day also.

I've been on mostly LTCs. If you are getting verge payouts or something that goes down in price over the course of the day, your payouts could be half what others are, all depends on the coin you are getting paid out in.
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:44 pm

I see, I have been doing mostly BTC and a little bit of LTC... maybe I should go all in LTC
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:49 am

So let me give you an extreme example, and maybe it will go a ways to explaining this a bit better for you.

Suppose your L3+ makes 24$ a day, so its making you $1/hour.
And you pick COINA for your payout coin, and for most of the day it costs $1 per coin.
But at 10pm at night COINA drops down to $0.50 per coin for the rest of the day.
So you have 22 hours where you made 1 coin each hour for 22 coins.
And then the last 2 hours, the COINA was only 50 cents, so you got 2 per hour. times 2 hours = 4
so 22 coins + 4 coins = 26 coins.
AND the final price of COINA at the time of your payout was 50 cents. X 26 coins = $13 for the day.

In that same example, at 10PM instead of it going down to 50 cents, it jumps up to $2 a coin.
So now you only get 1 coin for the last 2 hours worth of work, and 22 from the first 22 hours when COINA only costed 1$ each = 23 coins.
AND the final price of COINA at the time of your payout was $2. X 23 coins = $46 for the day.

So in this example BOTH used the same L3+, BOTH made $24 a day worth of work...but due to picking payout coins that either go UP or DOWN
You can be $11 down or $22 up depending. It really comes down to are you selling the coins daily or holding them.
IF you are selling daily you will want the coin that is rising in price as long as you make your sell of the coin before it falls back down.
IF you are hording the coins, you want the coin that dropped in price, as you got 26 of them vs only 23 if they rose. If you are in it for the coins, you want the most coins you can get. As a coin drops in price over the course of the day, you get more of them for the same amount of work, assuming all the other prices stay static. When the price of that coin rebounds you may be further ahead having had the lower $$$ payout for that day but getting more coins for the mining you did.

It all depends on how you position yourself, saving vs selling.
HAPPY HASHING!
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:16 am

AppleMiner wrote:On 11/13 with the downtime that day's payouts were down.

18 X 21 = $378
Sheesh, how do you power that all? custom building?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 am

Aura89 wrote:Sheesh, how do you power that all? custom building?
150 amps of 220v commercial electrical service....21 MEGAWATT HOURS a month...$1650 total.