What is the real profitability you are seeing live?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ca1987

What is the real profitability you are seeing live?

Post by ca1987 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 12:13 am

I have access to a lot of hashing power, so it might be different, but..

I was wondering; do you see payments matching the live profitability when using the coin switching?

A lot of the time, I see the top coins are up to twice the live profitability or more, and today that happened a lot even on Bitconnect where it had 100% of the pool's hashrate for over 10 minutes (where live profitability was roughly half of what BCC what showing).

I was also wondering if it's possible to only mine certain coins and just switching between them to whichever is the most profitable.. For instance I might pick my top 6 favorite Scrypt coins and just want whatever is most profitable to be mined. I've read the documentation but it's not totally clean on this or how to do it.

Very kind regards,

CA
Aura89

Re: What is the real profitability you are seeing live?

Post by Aura89 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:10 am

Wouldn't matter if you could only choose to multi-mine a select few coins. You would get paid the same, as everyone gets paid equally for their hashing power, not what they mine, unless you solo mine.

As to the live profitability, i never pay attention to that, because it fluctuates, but it is my understanding that the whole prohashing mining can not just mine the most profitable coin and none others. I do not know the reason for this, but it is my understanding, that is why you'll see some coins at a much higher worth then the live profitability.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:40 am

Some of the coins you see pop up either have very high orphaned rates, or such low network hashrates, that as soon as you point an ASIC or 2 at them, they drop clear down the list or off of it for profitability. If you are using a L3+, the time it takes to login, change the setting, apply the setting, wait 60 secs for the miner to reboot with the new settings, then wait 20seconds-10 mins to reconnect to the pool again...by then that top coin is likely buried under the bottom of the pile.

If you do manage to connect in, 1 or 2 machines, you get a solid 50 secs on it, then poof its gone form anywhere near the top and wasnt worth the effort to switch. That's best case. Worst case is that coin drops out with some sort of network error and your miner disconnects and doesnt see Phohashing up as Alive for 30 mins.

That doesn't happen when you are auto switching, but I've had it happen many times when playing with static pool and solo mining a static coin.
Made manually switching on the pool not worth while, between the miner reset times, the reconnects, now the worker limits and queue to connect in added in really makes it not worth while to hop around to a lot of fastly vanishing profit coins.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:42 am

And previous posts explanation also explains why we all are not mining the top coin :)
But the pool already works a bit this way only difference is it mines all and everything, not just what you choose. Just choose the favorite coins as payout options and play around with the percentage.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:57 am

The simple answer to the question in the post's title is that the amount of money you earn is the live profitability times efficiency. If you use "c=" to mine a specific coin, then your profitability will always be less than this number.