"Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." error message

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dimaxwine

"Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." error message

Post by dimaxwine » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:37 am

Hello guys,

I'm new in this forum. I received message "Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." in rejection shares section of the prohashing dashboard.
I'm using D3 miners for x11. Do you have any idea what's the reason?

Thank you!
AppleMiner

Re: "Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." error message

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:21 pm

add a=x11 to the password.

The pool mines scrpyt by default, if using a D3 to mine on X11 coins, add a=x11 to the password field.
dimaxwine

Post by dimaxwine » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I've added it. I work about a week with these settings and everything was fine, but today this message has appeared. Now the miners are not appearing in the dashboard. In the miners status "prohashing" pool is marked as "dead".
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 pm

The pool is down and having issues, the miners are fine its the pool.
I would suggest having a failover backup pool set for when this one is down.
CapeTownMinter

Post by CapeTownMinter » Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 pm

I have the same problem with Ethash... 3 separate rigs giving the same error code

rig 1 3 x vega56's (8g)
rig 2 2 x 1660S (6g)
rig 3 2 x 6600XT (8g)

all 3 rigs are giving this error "Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." I'm losing about 20- 30% hash rate :(

tried SRBminer & NBminer same results (SRBminer reporting slightly higher hashing rate)
I'm using MiningRigRentals interface with ''a=ethash,c=ethereum'' as the password

I don't know if its the mining software or if I'm I using the wrong settings...
would be very grateful for some expert advise.... thanx in advance
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:29 am

CapeTownMinter wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:20 pm I have the same problem with Ethash... 3 separate rigs giving the same error code

rig 1 3 x vega56's (8g)
rig 2 2 x 1660S (6g)
rig 3 2 x 6600XT (8g)

all 3 rigs are giving this error "Miner is using an incorrect algorithm." I'm losing about 20- 30% hash rate :(

tried SRBminer & NBminer same results (SRBminer reporting slightly higher hashing rate)
I'm using MiningRigRentals interface with ''a=ethash,c=ethereum'' as the password

I don't know if its the mining software or if I'm I using the wrong settings...
would be very grateful for some expert advise.... thanx in advance
Could you submit a support ticket through website chat, so that we can find your Prohashing username and troubleshoot that way? Thanks!
CapeTownMinter

Post by CapeTownMinter » Fri Oct 22, 2021 7:09 am

Hi, thanx for replying, I switched to low memory solo mining ...found 5 blocks in just under an hour -same rigs - shares accepted 100 %

maybe my geological location has something to do with it.. I'm going to try the EU server and give Ethash(eth) another go later today.
jaqkar

Post by jaqkar » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:11 am

Hi Guys, did you manage to resolve this? Getting the same and I am also from South Africa. Sent through a message on website chat. Using T-ReX.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:53 am

jaqkar wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:11 am Hi Guys, did you manage to resolve this? Getting the same and I am also from South Africa. Sent through a message on website chat. Using T-ReX.
Paula will take a look when she gets in in a few hours!