POLL: Please vote on next features

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.

Which features should Prohashing work on next?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:34 am

Further improve scrypt mining profitability
100%
Add basic features (E-Mail password recovery, 2-factor authentication, notification of miner disconnection, etc.)
No votes
Start work on algorithm-switching client for GPUs
No votes

Total votes: 1
Steve Sokolowski

POLL: Please vote on next features

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:34 am

We've reached a decision point about which featureset we should work on next. We thought it prudent to ask customers what they would like in a poll, which is included in this topic.

Each of the options in the poll is a category of features that will take months to add. They are mutually exclusive, so if effort is put towards one of the categories, then the other two will not get started until February or March. The options are as follows:
  • Further improve scrypt mining profitability: One option is to continue focusing on improving mining profitability for scrypt coins. Methods of doing that include using multiple exchanges, diverting a portion of mining power to low-difficulty but highly profitable coins, optimizing coin switches, reducing rejected shares (if that is possible anymore), adding more coins so that there is a higher probability of one of the coins being the most profitable one, and so on. There are a lot of profits to be had here. I believe we can improve profitability by at least 25% just by adding multiple exchanges alone.
  • Add basic features: There are some basic features that we skipped over because we wanted to focus on being innovative. These include things like multiple workers, an E-Mail address for password resets, notification of miner disconnection, and more reports on electricity consumption, among others. We could put aside other features that make money and instead work on the user interface to add in these things that some other pools already have.
  • Add the profit switching multiple algorithm client: The end goal of this pool has always been to release a GPU-oriented client that switches to the most profitable coin across all algorithms. We have all the infrastructure in place to do this, and can skip forward to this now. The main work involved is creating an extension to the stratum protocol to accept algorithm change commands, and forking cgminer to understand this new protocol.
Which do you support? Please vote in this poll. We can't promise to implement the features in the order that people vote, because there are factors outside our control (like our reliance on Cryptsy, which needs to be reduced). However, the results will give us an idea of where our focus should be. This poll closes on Sunday.
mantus2006

Re: POLL: Please vote on next features

Post by mantus2006 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:15 pm

I voted for the first one but I also would like to see the Profit Switching Client if it supports more than just GPU's (Zeus, Gridseed, etc..)
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:45 pm

I didn't know that there were ASICs that would support multiple algorithms. How do those work? Do they have different sets of hardware in them so that they can do two algorithms at the same time?
mantus2006

Post by mantus2006 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:10 pm

I skimmed and missed the algorithm part. I was thinking something along the lines of Minera but with auto-switching between scrypt pools.