Gridseed blades and minera

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
djliss

Gridseed blades and minera

Post by djliss » Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:44 pm

Hi everyone,

I have just got back into mining after a few years (only cpu mined btc last time) and have shelled out on a few 'toys' or thats what the mrs calls em.
I'm currently in a £4k hole lol waiting for my antminer L3+ to turn up and am trying to get my gridseeds up and running with minera 8.1 and having all sorts of trouble, worked fine under windows (well for a couple of days at a time) using a Frankenstein surface pro 3 but want to try lower power consumption. I have a few rpi sat around so i thaught lets give it a go........ 6 housr later and i cant seem to get things working properly, minera keeps telling me the pool is offline then switches to mrr which points here anyway. I'm pretty sure its not the pool as when i was using Frankenstein it hardly ever swapped pools.

So my question is, can anyone help me with the f*@#ing settings, its driving me mad!!!!!

These are my current settings

Miner will start with this syntax:

/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer --no-gbt --no-getwork --scan-time=1 -c /var/www/minera/conf/miner_conf.json

JSON Conf:

{
"api-listen": true,
"api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1",
"log-file": "\/var\/log\/minera\/bfgminer.log",
"scrypt": true,
"scan": "all",
"pools": [
{
"url": "stratum+tcp:\/\/prohashing.com:3333\/#skipcbcheck#xnsub",
"user": "djliss",
"pass": "d=256 n=griddir"
},
{
"url": "stratum+tcp:\/\/eu-01.miningrigrentals.com:3333\/#skipcbcheck#xnsub",
"user": "djliss.47564",
"pass": "gridseed"
},
{
"url": "stratum+tcp:\/\/eu-de01.miningrigrentals.com:3333\/#skipcbcheck#xnsub",
"user": "djliss.47564",
"pass": "gridseed"
}
]
}

On another note at least my equihash rig is working well lol 935 Sol/s on 2 1070's and an old 550Ti thrown in for good measure!!

Thanks in advance,
Paul.
Cooked_Breakfast

Re: Gridseed blades and minera

Post by Cooked_Breakfast » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:56 am

In Minera, I use cpuminer, with the preset options for gc3355, auto detect, 838 MHz. There are some issues with 0.8.0 and 0.8.1, need php7 if upgrading from 0.7.0 or earlier. For password arguments, n=shitweed, d=8192. Disable the auto reboot, prohash starts you at d=65536 and it takes time to drop it to the point you are sending a share every minute or so. Nicehash starts at 524288 and getting a share before they restart you comes down to dumb luck. Prohash has been acting up since all the L3s came on line.
djliss

Post by djliss » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:21 pm

cool thanks mate, seems to be relatively stable now. the antminer has finally turned up so i have that hashing away now, pitty about the user cap though as everything has failed over to litecoinpool , seems even when your connected when it pushes a coin change it kicks me off and i loose my place. Lets hope the user cap is raised a couple of thousand or abolished completely sonn, mabe after the server upgrades. Gotta take a trip to the DC myself soon, putting a couple of gen 10 vmware hosts in and a new 10G fiber san.
lucindrea

Post by lucindrea » Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:53 am

iv'e just setup minera with a old gridseed blade and im still tweaking a bit ..

FYI my settings are
/usr/bin/screen -dmS bfgminer /var/www/minera/minera-bin/bfgminer --scrypt -S gsd:all --set gsd:clock=825 -c /var/www/minera/conf/miner_conf.json

with a well tweaked json file ;)

BUT i have seen this TONS in the logs .. is this a indicator that i have hit the max users? it looks like it tries to connect to prohashing (i have both the 3333 and the 443 ports in my pool) , gets a json error , and then moves on

[2017-11-12 15:47:41] Testing pool stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:443
[2017-11-12 15:47:41] JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near 'HTTP'
[2017-11-12 15:47:42] JSON decode failed(1): '[' or '{' expected near 'HTTP'
[2017-11-12 15:47:42] Closing socket for stratum pool 3

if it's just a max user error then i can ignore it .. im just hoping it's not an indicator of something else as prohashing tends to show "dead" more often than not.