Forfeited balance

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Maciej

Forfeited balance

Post by Maciej » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:41 am

Hi,

This is what I'm seeing in my account today:
Forfeit Litecoin -0.25786362 Forfeited balance 11/1/2017

How is it possible without my consent? How did I just lose 0.25 LTC?

Can someone give me advice what happened and how to reverse that?

Maciej
fallingcurtain

Re: Forfeited balance

Post by fallingcurtain » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:44 pm

You or someone must of accidentally hit the button. its a stupid button waiting for drunk fingers.
Maciej

Post by Maciej » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:36 am

The problem is I'm the only one who has access to it and I'm absolutely sure I never clicked it
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:30 am

Do you have 2FA turned on?
Do you have TOR turned off?
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am

its quite possible you have a low luck miner, low luck miner earnings are redistributed to the pooled community
Unreasonably low luck and socialized losses
Some miners have unreasonably low luck. While all miners can have streaks of poor luck in finding blocks, some mining rigs are so unlucky that the number of blocks they submit to the pool are far fewer than what would otherwise be expected. These miners exhibit characteristics that allow Prohashing to identify them as "unreasonably low luck miners."

It isn't clear why some mining rigs exhibit low luck, although it has been suggested in some forums that the low luck results from cloud hashing services that rent out miners from owners who use buggy software. Therefore, the victim of low-luck miners often has no idea that the hashrate he is renting is providing less mining power than what he is paying for. Be careful to only rent miners from reputable cloud mining services and look twice if the price seems too good to be true.

The balances of low-luck miners earned during the previous day are forfeit and credited to the remaining miners as "socialized losses." The odds of a false-positive forfeiture are estimated to be around 1 in 10,000, which means that normal miners would expect to forfeit one day's earnings in 30 years of mining, whereas low-luck miners will often find themselves forfeiting balances on consecutive days. If the low-luck algorithm issues a forfeiture against your account, E-Mail Chris and he can assist in tuning your miners so that the problem is resolved quickly.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 02, 2017 11:26 am

.25 is about normal for a single L3+ for 1 day.
How many or what all types are you running?

Are you overclocking?
Maciej

Post by Maciej » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 pm

I'm just using 1 L3+, not overclocked.

It would have to be a very low-luck miner with a loss od 0.25 LTC :(
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:06 pm

Put a support ticket in, Im sure chris can investigate and fix it for you.