Coin Balance Value Much Higher Than Others

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JoeTheMiner

Coin Balance Value Much Higher Than Others

Post by JoeTheMiner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:37 am

Hi,

I have noticed that when going through my current balances, I have one coin in particular that says I have mined over $59 worth over night, however all of the other coins are no where near that amount. Any ideas why this is happening?

Thank you,
Joseph
Steve Sokolowski

Re: Coin Balance Value Much Higher Than Others

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:15 am

Hmmm, I noticed that too. I'll check the balances of Megacoins to see what happened.

There could be an error in the system, or (as happens often with altcoins) someone could have crashed the market in Megacoins overnight and we simply bought at the low price, making you rich. Chris will check it out. Thanks for the report.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:14 pm

Chris reviewed this issue, and we definitively determined that the cause is an error in Cryptsy's API.

Cryptsy, for some reason, had a bug in its system earlier today that caused their system to post a buy order for 0.00000007 as the current highest price for Megacoins. You can see that this is still the case by looking at their MEC market. Our system correctly purchased the right number of Megacoins based on this information. However, Cryptsy charged us 0.00005600 for the Megacoins despite telling us that we could purchase them at the lower price. This issue also occurred with Tagcoins.

Chris put in a support ticket to Cryptsy requesting them to pay us your gains of around $72, since they were at fault for providing false information. If they decline, we'll post the proof on reddit to draw attention from a wider audience. Once we can get the issue resolved in your favor with Cryptsy, we'll pay you out the entire balance that the system shows. For now, I disabled Megacoins so that this problem doesn't get worse and we won't pay anyone out or mine them until the problem is resolved.

Feel free to reply with any questions. I apologize for this problem, and hopefully Cryptsy will get it sorted out soon.
JoeTheMiner

Post by JoeTheMiner » Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:36 pm

Not a problem Steve. Hopefully this will get resolved by Cryptsy.

Please keep me updated with what you find out.

Thank you for the prompt support and help,
Joseph
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 22, 2014 8:47 am

Here's an update on this issue.

Cryptsy refused to honor its agreement after several support tickets. Despite that, we paid everyone who requested Megacoins anyway at the full value, which I think earned you an extra $70. There are so many scammers in this business that it's important to stand by our debts, so we will take this loss even though Cryptsy directly acknowledged that it is their responsibility. If you didn't receive the payment already, then Chris may have re-enabled the coin after midnight, in which case the payment will occur tomorrow morning.

In a few minutes, I'm going to make a post to reddit drawing more attention to this scandal so that Cryptsy obtains the attention it deserves. Either they will correct our balance, or they will receive negative publicity for not doing so. Either way, it should spur them to make sure something like this doesn't affect us (and you) again.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:31 am

The post about Cryptsy is located at https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/commen ... s_company/.