bitmain hack

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mck

bitmain hack

Post by mck » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:05 pm

Not sure if the Bitmain database was hacked again recently, but I just found an email from yesterday in my spam folder offering "The Full Bitmain`s e-mail database of buyers from the day of foundation to the present moment." Same email as shown on: https://bitcoiner.today/en/stolen-data- ... in-danger/ Probably it is wise to change or update your Bitmain security settings!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: bitmain hack

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 pm

This explains why there was a huge uptick in the number of login attempts on October 20!
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 pm

i got a call from a guy today with a strong asian accent speeking broken english that claimed he was with microsoft and he needed me to do somethings to make sure that no hackers can get into my system LOL. i laughed out loud and he hung up on me... how rude lol

made me think of the bitmain hack. I think that is probably where they got my number
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:58 pm

any place we can search to see if our info is compromised?
Mrrt

Post by Mrrt » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:15 pm

Again? LOL

I'd just assume that if you were a customer then your info's out there now, Greg.

Better be safe than sorry!

There is this catch-all system if you hadn't already heard of it: https://haveibeenpwned.com/
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:39 pm

im registered to that website, haven't gotten any emails.. im beginning to think this is the old database popping back up
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:41 pm

Bitmain used to have 2 seperate accounts if I'm not mistaken and recently folded them all into 1 account.

1 was for the bitmain login.
1 was for the shop.bitmain.com login and both used to be seperate.

Logging into 1 at bitmain,you still had to log into the other to put a purchase through on the shop site.
Shortly after one of the hacks, the next login I was forced to change my passwords.
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:25 pm

Yeah I got an e-mail as well offering to sell the database. Fortunately I use unique passwords everywhere but I'm rotating information on the Bitmain site just in case.