ROI - what's going on PH?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Poolpuppy
Posts: 8
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:35 pm

ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by Poolpuppy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Has the difficulty really drastically changed in a matter of days or has PH been experiencing problems?
micca410evo
Posts: 127
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:55 am

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by micca410evo » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am

PH had problems, but there is a bigger chance of coins profits getting lower.
User avatar
AppleMiner
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Oct 23, 2017 1:14 pm

ETH and LTCs prices are down 13%+ since last week.
So if you are seeing 15% less than last week, its normal, so is everyone else.

BTC likes to do its own thing, and I suspect the price was inflated on BTC last week leading up to the FORK and the....swap all my money over so I can get forked coins.

Bitmain Likely turns on their machines for BURNIN TESTING for a week or more prior to sending them out to the customers.
I'd not be surprised if part of the decline in prices wasn't just a new batch going up for testing and then soon to be brought back down packed and shipped out. Until another 2 weeks when they put the next batch up for testing before sending those ones out.

Expect the price to continue to decline as more and more machines go online and then reach their final destinations.
waynesworld
Posts: 21
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:55 am

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by waynesworld » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:30 am

Yeah my profits have been taking a significant hit between ltc going down in value, the pool going down, and my secondary pool isnt the best...

Also noticing more of this:
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale. From what I can tell they only inform you of the count in the last 2 hours. Sometimes its 20, somestimes as high as 60. That seems way high for 2 l3+ units. Think its a problem on my end somehow?
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:47 pm

waynesworld wrote:Yeah my profits have been taking a significant hit between ltc going down in value, the pool going down, and my secondary pool isnt the best...

Also noticing more of this:
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale. From what I can tell they only inform you of the count in the last 2 hours. Sometimes its 20, somestimes as high as 60. That seems way high for 2 l3+ units. Think its a problem on my end somehow?
I think the cause of the problem is that the theoretical maximum of 10,500 workers is approaching.

When that is hit, stale shares are going to significantly increase and we'll close registrations until we can solidify our plans for the future. We may decide to prefer scrypt miners over x11, as well.
User avatar
AppleMiner
Posts: 739
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 1:44 pm

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by AppleMiner » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:01 pm

Im still confused how closing registrations will do anything. Other than reduce new user tickets that wouldnt be there if anyone in this day and age could be bother to read a F.A.Q. Can't anyone of the 2,000 users the pool already has go out and add another 100 units or 1000 units.

10500 is the number of miners(GPU rigs/ASICS) on the system not the number of accounts running them correct?
So even if you closed the registration now, GregGHarding could run out tomorrow, and buy 2000 used gridseeds and run them and we would then be over the 10500 worker max.
coinzcoinzcoinz
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by coinzcoinzcoinz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:56 pm

Could just introduce a pool limit rather than a registration limit?
centar
Posts: 36
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:47 pm

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by centar » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
waynesworld wrote:Yeah my profits have been taking a significant hit between ltc going down in value, the pool going down, and my secondary pool isnt the best...

Also noticing more of this:
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale. From what I can tell they only inform you of the count in the last 2 hours. Sometimes its 20, somestimes as high as 60. That seems way high for 2 l3+ units. Think its a problem on my end somehow?
I think the cause of the problem is that the theoretical maximum of 10,500 workers is approaching.

When that is hit, stale shares are going to significantly increase and we'll close registrations until we can solidify our plans for the future. We may decide to prefer scrypt miners over x11, as well.
Whatever causes that limit you need to get figured out ASAP, as we will reach it very, very soon. I think you guys are at an extremely critical crossroads right now where this thing is either going to take off - or crash and burn. With the amount of potential profit on the table, I would definitely be kicking it in high gear right now to get it figured out. I understand you have legal concerns and questions about your business model, but remember this world moves really, really fast and you're window of opportunity won't last forever. At the end of the day, I think a lot of miners just want consistency and reliability (unless you have a massive profitability advantage -which you don't anymore) and I think they will eventually migrate to wherever they find it. I'm really, really pulling for you guys to figure it out because I think you have a great product, I just hope you can get it out in time. Fingers crossed!
User avatar
Steve Sokolowski
Posts: 4119
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:27 pm
Location: State College, PA

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:33 pm

centar wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
waynesworld wrote:Yeah my profits have been taking a significant hit between ltc going down in value, the pool going down, and my secondary pool isnt the best...

Also noticing more of this:
Both primary and merge mined shares are stale. From what I can tell they only inform you of the count in the last 2 hours. Sometimes its 20, somestimes as high as 60. That seems way high for 2 l3+ units. Think its a problem on my end somehow?
I think the cause of the problem is that the theoretical maximum of 10,500 workers is approaching.

When that is hit, stale shares are going to significantly increase and we'll close registrations until we can solidify our plans for the future. We may decide to prefer scrypt miners over x11, as well.
Whatever causes that limit you need to get figured out ASAP, as we will reach it very, very soon. I think you guys are at an extremely critical crossroads right now where this thing is either going to take off - or crash and burn. With the amount of potential profit on the table, I would definitely be kicking it in high gear right now to get it figured out. I understand you have legal concerns and questions about your business model, but remember this world moves really, really fast and you're window of opportunity won't last forever. At the end of the day, I think a lot of miners just want consistency and reliability (unless you have a massive profitability advantage -which you don't anymore) and I think they will eventually migrate to wherever they find it. I'm really, really pulling for you guys to figure it out because I think you have a great product, I just hope you can get it out in time. Fingers crossed!
We're with you, and we definitely want to get everything figured out as soon as possible. That said, lawyers are busy and we can't go any faster than he can. Even after he finishes, it's going to take some time to hire people and parallelize coin selection - at least three months to wrap up our current affairs, train the employees, and write and test the code.

We've calculated the risks and benefits of each approach and decided that the risks of this one (someone else being willing to go forward first or the mining industry collapsing when the current bubble bursts) are outweighed by the benefits (we already have enjoyable, low-stress jobs, and there are non-cryptocurrency businesses we could always start.) We're also confident that our product is solid, and if we can eventually find people to deal with the business, tax, and legal side, then it will take just a few months to dramatically expand.

We already have support for other algorithms. There is already an implementation of parallelized coin assignment that is awaiting tested. It's just not being turned on and finished right now.

Development is simple. If I could just sit here for 70 hours each week and write code, we would already have parallel assignment in multiple algorithms and be dominating ETH, ZEC, SHA-256, and others. Alas, as is probably the case with most businesses, it's the business side that's the most difficult to understand and get settled.
coinzcoinzcoinz
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Re: ROI - what's going on PH?

Post by coinzcoinzcoinz » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

I can see its of a concern if the mining industry crashes but it has yet to happen and its been 7/8 years since the first mining of a coin. That kinda tells me its here to stay and persuaded me to join in now before it goes even bigger. Theres at least 5 years of mining left before the next big thing. Proof of stake isnt really a threat.
Post Reply