Earnings Page Not Updating

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
JAS6377

Earnings Page Not Updating

Post by JAS6377 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:39 pm

Greetings! You have my apologies if this seems like a naive question, but I've had a miner going at about 20-25Mh/s since about 12 AM EST. In the Earnings tab, it shows my last activity at 1:39:17 AM, despite my miner showing 316 accepted shares. It is also showing no hashrate or current miners. Is there just an issue with the display not updating, or is there some kind of share threshold that I must reach?

The account is the same as my user name: JAS6377.

Thank you for your help.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Re: Earnings Page Not Updating

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Fri Nov 14, 2014 9:33 pm

The pool will show your shares within a few seconds of submitting them. The rest of the charts are averaged over longer time periods, and will take a few minutes before data shows up. From what I can tell, 1:39:17AM was the last time your miner submitted a share to the pool. Are you sure that your miner is connected to Prohashing and is not mining for another pool by accident? I connected one of my miners as your username and it is submitting shares and recording them correctly.
JAS6377

Post by JAS6377 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 12:08 am

Alrighty, then. I'm currently away from my miner, so I'll have to check up on it tomorrow. I'm currently using guiminer set up with the website as the host on port 3333. As I'm new at mining, I figured a gui would be better until I fully understand the process. However, I also have bfg and another command based miner that I can try out tomorrow. I'll play around with it and report back. Thanks for the help!

Update: Well, I may need to find a new miner. The version of cgminer that I have no longer supports GPU mining, so that's an issue. Guiminer still seems to be working, though it's still not showing up on the earnings page.

Sorry again for what may seem like a very simple question, but should I be running a scrypt miner, or sha-256?

More to the point, does anyone have a preferred miner for GPU-based mining? I realize it's not the most effective, but it's what I have for now until I decide whether or not I want to invest in heftier hardware.
Chris Sokolowski
Site Admin

Post by Chris Sokolowski » Mon Nov 17, 2014 2:32 am

Prohashing only supports the scrypt algorithm, so you would need a scrypt miner to connect to the pool.

The offiicial cgminer stopped supporting scrypt after version 3.7.2, but there are probably plenty of places online that still have that version available to download. There are newer forks of the code that continue to support scrypt, but few of them anymore have good support for GPUs because more efficient ASICs supplanted them.