Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Ewil

Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:56 am

So I've been on this pool for a couple weeks (running a few units for a friend and now my own D3). When I started and got things fine tuned for my D3 I was getting $22~$25/day. Now I took a couple days break to try something, and was running over on Nicehash, and averaged basically the same (~$23/day). There was some update earlier this week here, some sort of backend thing that was glitching things out - and now after swapping back, not only my D3, but my friend (who is running 2x L3+ and 2x D3) is earning 10~15% LESS than immediately prior to that update being rolled out - he was earning ~$80/day, and now it's barely cresting $70, on average for the last few days.
I just earned $17 for the last 24/hours, and the 24 hour period prior was $14. I understand fluctuation, but this goes past that - something doesn't feel quite right, and while I want to stay here - a 10%+ drop day-to-day is substantial. Is anyone else having these same numbers from their units daily returns?
AppleMiner

Re: Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:18 am

The price per MH on Sat the 14th was .0013 X 15000 = $19.50 per D3 last week.
The price this week has dropped down since wednesday to .0010 X 15000 = $15.00

Yep on X-11 looks to be about a 25% dip since the previous week.
I expect it to go down again some more as the D3s for December batch will be turned on and tried out prior to shipping and the D3s from november get to their destinations and go back online.

If daily profits get cut by another 25% between now and the end of the year do not be too surprised.

Not a gambling man, but if I was Id put my money on D3s getting $10 a day by end of January 2018.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:59 am

You missed where I was running on Nicehash and earning the same. The FOLLOWING DAY of that backend update on prohashing, not just me but a friend as well, is earning 10~15% less. That was literally day to day, and hasn't shifted since.
mycide

Post by mycide » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:44 am

overall its been going down steadily since they started shipping D3 and L3+ this summer.
It's correct i noticed the dip aswell, and it happend from one day to another, but it was caused by coin price drop and the difficulty increased.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 am

Except I'm watching alt-coins rising in price (for the most part) as BTC is rising. I'm running on Nicehash and earning 10~15% more than I was on prohashing.
I'm standing by my statement that something was changed in the backend that has affected earnings, it's not just the market or difficulty increase (as the x11 algorithm is increased each block rather than at X block, it's more predictable than BAM, 10~15% lower earnings).
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:17 am

Ewil wrote:Except I'm watching alt-coins rising in price (for the most part) as BTC is rising. I'm running on Nicehash and earning 10~15% more than I was on prohashing.
I'm standing by my statement that something was changed in the backend that has affected earnings, it's not just the market or difficulty increase (as the x11 algorithm is increased each block rather than at X block, it's more predictable than BAM, 10~15% lower earnings).
All alt coins are not rising. For example, LTC is down from its inter week high of 69 to 59.

I do agree however that there are periods when NH is more profitable.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:11 pm

AppleMiner wrote:The price per MH on Sat the 14th was .0013 X 15000 = $19.50 per D3 last week.
The price this week has dropped down since wednesday to .0010 X 15000 = $15.00

Yep on X-11 looks to be about a 25% dip since the previous week.
I expect it to go down again some more as the D3s for December batch will be turned on and tried out prior to shipping and the D3s from november get to their destinations and go back online.

If daily profits get cut by another 25% between now and the end of the year do not be too surprised.

Not a gambling man, but if I was Id put my money on D3s getting $10 a day by end of January 2018.
I also forgot to mention, the D3's run at 17.5 gh/s on average - not 15 gh/s as advertised (Unsure why, but whatever - an extra 2.5 gh/s was a welcome surprise!). So even at that math, $0.13 x 17500 = $22.75 and $0.10 x 17500 = $17.50
The day when I got $14, x11 was $.12 per mh/s expected payout. That *should* have been ~$21. Maybe I could see $19~$20, but $14? I had 100% uptime, zero stale/rejected shares, and several blocks discovered (yea I know, millicents worth of discovery, but still...). The following day it dropped to $0.11 (on the day, it apparently adjusted afterwards to say $0.10) and I barely crested $17... the following day, after ~12 hours and it appearing to on track for a whopping $6 earned at that point (meaning $12 for the whole day), I aimed my unit back to nicehash.
Basically what I'm pointing out is, the math isn't adding up anymore the last few days. Several others I've noted were complaining about it, and a friend who runs a small farm of a few dozen ASICs aimed it here at prohashing this last week, even he noted the unusual drop that happened about mid-week - swapped half his farm over to nicehash, and they're earning, mh/s vs mh/s, 10~15%+ more now.

My second point is, if this trend continues, prohashing will lose their base. Loyalty goes only so far if the wallets aren't being lined in this market, and while a few percent can be argued away, that large a gap is substantial in even a short run, let alone a long run.

Unfortunately though, I think you're right - but it'll be actually end of Nov when that starts happening. A lot of people, myself included, got burned on these machines. I'm researching OCing the D3 effectively and efficiently, hopefully without causing damage to it, in order to squeak what extra ROI I can out of this before it becomes a money sink.
But if these units end up becoming more expensive to run than what they generate before the end of the year, could there be some sort of lawsuit brought up against Bitmain? Volatility being what it is, fine, but anyone with a few cents of understanding with the difficulty could foretell, even without a crystal ball, that dumping tens of thousands of these on the market was going to destroy it in a very short period of time due to exponential difficulty bombs.
ZiGen

Post by ZiGen » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:43 pm

I believe that Ewil is right ...After REBOOTING the server at the pool - like last Sunday or Monday - my L3+ earnings are lower too ...
From 0.018-0.0175 BTC per day to 0.0165 now ...this is for 5xL3+ or ~2500M steady. This is just opposite to the trend of the pool's average earnings per M to go UP in the last few days ...Something WAS CHANGED on the server side ...I don't know exactly what, but the effect is here and visible ...

Sokolowski brothers, any inside comments on this, please ?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:28 pm

How were the number of coins you were paid out? Did that also change over the week?

If you are paid out 10 coins every day of the week from your miner and at the start of the week the coins are worth $60 then you make $600 a day.
2 days later when the coins drop down to $55, you make $550. When they pop down to $50, you are making $500.
You got paid 3 different amounts of payouts, but the work performed all 3 times was the same amount.

You are saying the payout data changed(maybe due to prices changing?) so my question is how are the coin numbers being earned?
If the pool is down 50%, then you must be making half as many coins as last week right? If its down 25% you should be making a quarter less.

How many coins did you make each day for the past week? can you list how many you got paid out.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:32 pm

earnings are always dropping. thats how it is. the more miners there are, the less you make. its the economics of cryptocurrency. because everyone and their dog has an L3 now (even if they dont know how to use it) the price is dropping faster than a lead weight in the ocean. ROI is getting lower and lower. thats just how it is.