Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Update earlier this week dropping earnings??

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:13 pm

I would suggest getting paid in all BTC so you are comparing like units.

If you earned $5000 in 1 day and earned 1 BTC at $5000, and at the end of the day BTC rose up to $6000, your payout for the day would have been 1 X $6000 = $6000 for the day.
If you earned that same $5000 in 1 day on $50 LTCs and got 100 of them, and then they dropped to $45 before the end of the day, then you only got 100 X $45 = $4500 for the day.

You still made $5000 worth of hashing power for the day, but the coin you choose your payout in, and what the price ultimately ends up being higher or lower than another coin will affect what the daily payout is.

If you are going to compare NH to PH, you really need to be 100% BTC on both so you are comparing like values is what I was pointing out.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:13 am

AppleMiner wrote:I would suggest getting paid in all BTC so you are comparing like units.

If you earned $5000 in 1 day and earned 1 BTC at $5000, and at the end of the day BTC rose up to $6000, your payout for the day would have been 1 X $6000 = $6000 for the day.
If you earned that same $5000 in 1 day on $50 LTCs and got 100 of them, and then they dropped to $45 before the end of the day, then you only got 100 X $45 = $4500 for the day.

You still made $5000 worth of hashing power for the day, but the coin you choose your payout in, and what the price ultimately ends up being higher or lower than another coin will affect what the daily payout is.

If you are going to compare NH to PH, you really need to be 100% BTC on both so you are comparing like values is what I was pointing out.
We had decided against continuing BTC payouts here due to minimum for cashout being $250, while on NH you get payouts to your wallet on a daily basis. I do see your point, and had already done the math on that - the margin of error was less than 3% when I did the numbers. Not 30% as the earnings indicated.
I also had this problem with my solo D3 here (was paid in LTC otherwise I'd only get a payout once every few weeks at this point >.> ) and my singular earnings here were very low (as noted earlier in this thread), while close to $20 over at NH.

I've had my D3 running over at NH now for 3 days with almost no hiccups (excepting hash board having gone offline for a few hours, didn't know til I got home) and my daily average has now been $15~$16. Meanwhile here on PH, the listed average expected is $0.07 per MH/s = $12.25 which is in line with what two others have told me their solo D3's have pulled in (one was $12.47, the other was $11.80).

Now I don't know why there's such a major difference, and I'd bet there's even better places to mine x11 algorithm at - I just don't know them. But again, that's a decent earnings swing, and for those of us unfortunate enough to have been shafted on a high price for a now out-dated D3 17.0G, those few dollars count per day - a lot.

Again, I'm not smart enough (specifically not knowledgeable enough in this stuff) to know WHAT could be wrong. I just know I'm not doing esoteric things with the ASIC's, very basic arguments (name, power, cost) and making sure no X's show up on the boards & rebooting them as necessary.
Who knows, maybe there's shares stockpiled in a code somewhere that haven't been credited yet? Maybe shares are being skimmed by a sneaky cryptothief? Maybe the exchanges the site is going through ramped up their fee percentages and we're getting the brunt of it? I don't know... but there's also a lot of instability (which, yes, I know the brothers are going to work on and stabilize) that has made me pull back and go where the better profit is. I hope they fix whatever the issue is that's affecting earnings so badly, I'd love to come back here... NH has such limited information feeds >.>
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:24 pm

Ewil wrote:We had decided against continuing BTC payouts here due to minimum for cashout being $250, while on NH you get payouts to your wallet on a daily basis. I do see your point, and had already done the math on that - the margin of error was less than 3% when I did the numbers. Not 30% as the earnings indicated.
Which wallet are you getting daily payouts to? The internal Nicehash wallet or your own personal bitcoin wallet?

Service fees for selling hashing power
TYPE OF SERVICE------------------------------------------------------------------------------FEE
Payouts for balances less than 0.1 to external wallet-----------------------------------4%
Payouts for balances greater than or equal to 0.1 BTC to external wallet-----------3%
Payouts for balances greater than or equal to 0.001 BTC to NiceHash wallet-------2%

When you were quoting the profits made at NH, was that the amount in the NICEHASH wallet or what they said they paid out for a day?
Or what ultimately arrived in your COINBASE or whatever offsite wallet that you control?

Don't forget you will have to subtract out 3-4% from what you made on NH to what you end up in your offsite wallet to be able to sell or trade down the road.

If you are using their internal wallet to store it, then you are paying 2% to get it into there daily, and then .0005BTC for a withdrawl from that internal wallet of less than .25 BTC, and .2% of the total withdrawn if its over .25BTC withdrawl from the internal nicehash wallet.

So whereas Prohash has all the fees and 5% taken out off the top and you never have to see or worry about it.
Nicehash is deceptive and likes to take all their fees out after you have earned your money and are ready to send the money onto you so you can spend it.
Ewil

Post by Ewil » Sat Oct 28, 2017 4:48 pm

Paid to internal wallet, once accumulated value gets high enough, will be withdrawn for lowest fees (or maybe used to hash something somewhere else for higher profit?).

Still, total 5% fees (like PH) and an average now of ~20%+ higher return vs abysmal profits presently, server issues, attacks on the accounts, etc.

I'll be out of town for a couple weeks, hopefully things get straightened out between now and then.