Less income

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jevons

Less income

Post by jevons » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:34 am

I don't know who feels the same as I do, and my L3+ returns are getting smaller every day.
AppleMiner

Re: Less income

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:35 am

If you thought the income would be going up, I'm not sure you understand how mining works.

As more and more miners join the network, as more and more batches get released, and the difficulty goes up, and halving splits continue to happen, you will likely make less and less overtime until one day, you are paying more for electricity than the miner is make in profits and you decide to turn it off to save money. At some point it will be cheaper to save the electric costs up for 4 days and buy a coin than it will be to mine it for the electric costs for those same 4 days.
TTo314

Post by TTo314 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:06 am

What is not normal is a 5% of rejected.
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:09 am

static mining pool id say no, litecoinpool.org got a 0.3% rejected. and its been there forever, have not budged over the years i used it.
I wish PH could have that aswell... In a year or two, this ineffiency is going to amount to a nice pile of money.. Very sad..
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:02 pm

jevons wrote:I don't know who feels the same as I do, and my L3+ returns are getting smaller every day.
I would have to say no.

In fact, i couldn't be happier with the last few days.

This is with 1xL3+

Now, if you're taking about coins themselves and not what they are worth, i really couldn't tell you that, however, that is the nature of mining. You will get less coins as time goes on. What matters is the value of what you are getting, in which case, as i have shown, nope, i would have to say no.

But if you'd like to see that as well;

But as you can see on that as well, it fluctuates, but hasn't really gone "down".
mycide wrote:static mining pool id say no, litecoinpool.org got a 0.3% rejected. and its been there forever, have not budged over the years i used it.
I wish PH could have that aswell... In a year or two, this ineffiency is going to amount to a nice pile of money.. Very sad..

I'm not saying you're wrong that the rejection rate is "costing" money, but comparing it to litecoin pool, which has their own calculator;

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.10

Shows you should be making about 25% LESS there, then an L3+ will make here. So in reality, even with these rejection rates, you'd be making more on prohashing, so i'm just not sure i understand the complaint comparison?
mycide

Post by mycide » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:43 pm

I'm aware of the actual difference, and im here because of it, im not saying here is bad earnings, this pool is extremely profitable. I just wish all these bugs and issues were not so persistent.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
CryptoDamon

Post by CryptoDamon » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:02 pm

Yes, you're making less than say 3 months ago, but over the last week or so I have seen a day to day increase. Not a huge increase, but an increase nonetheless.
jevons

Post by jevons » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:05 pm

Now I have a problem, that is, the number of miners on the home page is about 2000, but the login has shown that it is true 7500+, what is the situation?
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:39 pm

mycide wrote:I'm aware of the actual difference, and im here because of it, im not saying here is bad earnings, this pool is extremely profitable. I just wish all these bugs and issues were not so persistent.
Well i'm sure everyone wishes that but to compare this to theirs when theirs makes less is counterproductive.

I mean, you only mine one type of coin there as just one example of why it's more complex and potentially having more rejects here.

jevons wrote:Now I have a problem, that is, the number of miners on the home page is about 2000, but the login has shown that it is true 7500+, what is the situation?
I've been curious about this as well
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:23 pm

mycide wrote:I'm aware of the actual difference, and im here because of it, im not saying here is bad earnings, this pool is extremely profitable. I just wish all these bugs and issues were not so persistent.
This is an interesting statement that brought up an interesting issue.

The reason the pool is so profitable is because it has so many bugs. Specifically, litecoinpool.org works well because it takes about 20 times less code to run that pool than it does to run ours.

While we of course don't want customers to be frustrated with bugs, the only way to continue to improve profitability is to do things that can't be tested in a development environment and which are much more complex than what others are doing.