Less income

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dog1965

Re: Less income

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:52 pm

Good point.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:04 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
mycide wrote:I'm aware of the actual difference, and im here because of it, im not saying here is bad earnings, this pool is extremely profitable. I just wish all these bugs and issues were not so persistent.
This is an interesting statement that brought up an interesting issue.

The reason the pool is so profitable is because it has so many bugs. Specifically, litecoinpool.org works well because it takes about 20 times less code to run that pool than it does to run ours.

While we of course don't want customers to be frustrated with bugs, the only way to continue to improve profitability is to do things that can't be tested in a development environment and which are much more complex than what others are doing.
That's a very interesting perspective. Makes sense. Much appreciated.
lemarc723

Post by lemarc723 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:46 pm

Aura89 wrote:
jevons wrote:I don't know who feels the same as I do, and my L3+ returns are getting smaller every day.
I would have to say no.

In fact, i couldn't be happier with the last few days.

This is with 1xL3+

Now, if you're taking about coins themselves and not what they are worth, i really couldn't tell you that, however, that is the nature of mining. You will get less coins as time goes on. What matters is the value of what you are getting, in which case, as i have shown, nope, i would have to say no.

But if you'd like to see that as well;

But as you can see on that as well, it fluctuates, but hasn't really gone "down".
mycide wrote:static mining pool id say no, litecoinpool.org got a 0.3% rejected. and its been there forever, have not budged over the years i used it.
I wish PH could have that aswell... In a year or two, this ineffiency is going to amount to a nice pile of money.. Very sad..

I'm not saying you're wrong that the rejection rate is "costing" money, but comparing it to litecoin pool, which has their own calculator;

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.10

Shows you should be making about 25% LESS there, then an L3+ will make here. So in reality, even with these rejection rates, you'd be making more on prohashing, so i'm just not sure i understand the complaint comparison?
However your stats are not what I've been making with my 1 L3+ here. I am consistently in the .32 or lower, sometimes .28, .29 for 24 hours. I've never seen .4 or anything above .35, in which .35 was just one day out of seven.
lhfx21

Post by lhfx21 » Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:58 am

It must be something wrong, according to the 1 MH/s expected payouts the rate of yesterday was 4.56 cents per MH/s I got at least 25% less than that
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:35 am

It is less that you are off by 25% and more that you are off by 24 HOURS.

You are trying to use Monday's expected to compute Tueday's earnings.

The previous daily payout is posted right after the midnight of the server.
But the expected payout from the previous day doesnt seem to update until after 4 or 6 am server time.

Either use mondays with mondays payouts, or wait until Tuesday's are posted.
jevons

Post by jevons » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:18 am

AppleMiner wrote:It is less that you are off by 25% and more that you are off by 24 HOURS.

You are trying to use Monday's expected to compute Tueday's earnings.

The previous daily payout is posted right after the midnight of the server.
But the expected payout from the previous day doesnt seem to update until after 4 or 6 am server time.

Either use mondays with mondays payouts, or wait until Tuesday's are posted.

Yes, you're right, I see Duigou display number.
However, it is significantly lower than expected earnings. I'm not sure what caused it. I'd really like PH to block some of the NH users. Because they buy the computing power directly with COIN, and we buy the professional ASCI.
robello

Post by robello » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:49 am

lemarc723 wrote:
Aura89 wrote:
jevons wrote:I don't know who feels the same as I do, and my L3+ returns are getting smaller every day.
I would have to say no.

In fact, i couldn't be happier with the last few days.

This is with 1xL3+

Now, if you're taking about coins themselves and not what they are worth, i really couldn't tell you that, however, that is the nature of mining. You will get less coins as time goes on. What matters is the value of what you are getting, in which case, as i have shown, nope, i would have to say no.

But if you'd like to see that as well;

But as you can see on that as well, it fluctuates, but hasn't really gone "down".
mycide wrote:static mining pool id say no, litecoinpool.org got a 0.3% rejected. and its been there forever, have not budged over the years i used it.
I wish PH could have that aswell... In a year or two, this ineffiency is going to amount to a nice pile of money.. Very sad..

I'm not saying you're wrong that the rejection rate is "costing" money, but comparing it to litecoin pool, which has their own calculator;

https://www.litecoinpool.org/calc?hashr ... ycost=0.10

Shows you should be making about 25% LESS there, then an L3+ will make here. So in reality, even with these rejection rates, you'd be making more on prohashing, so i'm just not sure i understand the complaint comparison?
However your stats are not what I've been making with my 1 L3+ here. I am consistently in the .32 or lower, sometimes .28, .29 for 24 hours. I've never seen .4 or anything above .35, in which .35 was just one day out of seven.

Aura what's your config?

Thanks
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:16 am

robello wrote:

Aura what's your config?

Thanks
Default, my password has my wattage and cost of electricty, everything else is the same. It's the nature of ASIC machines, some perform better, some perform worse.
robello

Post by robello » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:41 am

Aura89 wrote:
robello wrote:

Aura what's your config?

Thanks
Default, my password has my wattage and cost of electricty, everything else is the same. It's the nature of ASIC machines, some perform better, some perform worse.
And how to pass cost and watt? i try to read help but not understand
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:34 am

might remember wrong, but i think it's w=800 (for the wattage and 800w for the L3+) and i think p=0.15 (for price per kw, in my case i go with 0.15usd)

I'd also add the n=name (For identifiying your different rigs on PH ui)
Some would also add a d=131072 (static difficulty, some say works better, others says not, up to you to figure out yourself.)
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s