L3+ Owner "Dead Pool" Observation -- Not Related to the Movie.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
3Moose

L3+ Owner "Dead Pool" Observation -- Not Related to the Movie.

Post by 3Moose » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:45 am

Many newer miners are concerned about the Dead pool readings on their L3+.

Please note, that it may take up to 10 minutes for the pool to connect. It often takes much less.

Yes, this may feel like a long time but I have never had a case where the pool was alive and it took longer than 10 minutes. I have many machines and I can see each machine pop on in successive order. If the pool is up, you will connect (barring your own personal miner issues).

**************EVERY TIME YOU RESTART YOUR MACHINE YOU RESTART THE WAITING PROCESS****************

What should you do during this time?

During this 10 minute (up to) window, your miner should be pulling from your second pool. By doing this, you are not losing money.

Nicehash: I suspect that the long connect times are causing NH servers to time-out. It appears that NH is not a good choice for the PH pool at this time. This may change in the future.
dog1965

Re: L3+ Owner "Dead Pool" Observation -- Not Related to the Movie.

Post by dog1965 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:31 am

At least if you cant connect to NH you know you did it wrong on your end. On PH you dont know if it the pool or you. You should be able to connect right away and not in 10-120 minutes from now. Please guys fix this BUG!!!
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:47 am

This is the Email I sent Steve on Friday night and his Sat. Morning reply.

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
AppleMiner wrote:Steve I have been watching all day the worker number never seems to get past 7550.

And the connections into the pool at taking over 6 mins to connect in.
As a result people are complaining they cant mine on here with nicehash power.

Is there some limit on WORKER# or connections allowed in on the current internet package?
Seems like you have a hard cap of 7500 with a bit of a runover, as people are diconnecting then the rest of us get a shot at seeing the pool as ALIVE and can connect and mine?

Maybe check why we cant get over 7500 workers online?
Hi Apple,

There's no explicit limit in our software. It's possible that the ISP has some sort of limit, but at this point it's not worth investigating because we will be changing providers if we decide upon expansion when the lawyer replies to us.

I hope to have more information on that later in the week.

Thanks,

-Steve Sokolowski
dalu

Post by dalu » Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:50 am

I have 3 miners, one of the miner that is mining in solo has indicating that the prohashing.com is dead for over 50 minutes
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:34 am

AppleMiner wrote:This is the Email I sent Steve on Friday night and his Sat. Morning reply.

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
AppleMiner wrote:Steve I have been watching all day the worker number never seems to get past 7550.

And the connections into the pool at taking over 6 mins to connect in.
As a result people are complaining they cant mine on here with nicehash power.

Is there some limit on WORKER# or connections allowed in on the current internet package?
Seems like you have a hard cap of 7500 with a bit of a runover, as people are diconnecting then the rest of us get a shot at seeing the pool as ALIVE and can connect and mine?

Maybe check why we cant get over 7500 workers online?
Hi Apple,

There's no explicit limit in our software. It's possible that the ISP has some sort of limit, but at this point it's not worth investigating because we will be changing providers if we decide upon expansion when the lawyer replies to us.

Thanks,

-Steve Sokolowski
When he replies when is that going to be in the year 3017.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:40 am

dog1965 wrote:
AppleMiner wrote:This is the Email I sent Steve on Friday night and his Sat. Morning reply.

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Hi Apple,

Thanks,

-Steve Sokolowski
When he replies when is that going to be in the year 3017.
I'm told that will be today, but if he brings up something important, then it could be some time to investigate what to do about it.
mousehouse

Post by mousehouse » Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:32 pm

There obviously is some form of connection throttling. If you play with the settings on your miner the pool status immediately goes to "Dead" and will stay there for anywhere between "some minutes" and "30 minutes". Maybe it's the DDOS protection on the miner IP:port blocking stuff, something along those lines. I run litecoinpool as a secondary, because it always works and connects instantaneously. That's a huge bonus.

Please have a close look at this as it will make everything a better experience for everyone ;-)

Sidenote! Any plans to do more nodes globally that are "closer to home"? Would love an EU node...
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:53 pm

mousehouse wrote:There obviously is some form of connection throttling. If you play with the settings on your miner the pool status immediately goes to "Dead" and will stay there for anywhere between "some minutes" and "30 minutes". Maybe it's the DDOS protection on the miner IP:port blocking stuff, something along those lines. I run litecoinpool as a secondary, because it always works and connects instantaneously. That's a huge bonus.

Please have a close look at this as it will make everything a better experience for everyone ;-)

Sidenote! Any plans to do more nodes globally that are "closer to home"? Would love an EU node...
Once the system is parallelized, yes. But that will depend on whether it's determined that regulation is unlikely and it will be possible to turn a profit with this pool through expansion or not.
WAGT

Post by WAGT » Tue May 01, 2018 8:36 pm

Is there any other address where to point a S9 from South America (Venezuela)? I am trying to connect to 3333 and 443 and just Dead pool on status while BTC and other pools are working. PLease help since I would love to connect S9s to pro...Thanks
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Tue May 01, 2018 9:39 pm

WAGT wrote:Is there any other address where to point a S9 from South America (Venezuela)? I am trying to connect to 3333 and 443 and just Dead pool on status while BTC and other pools are working. PLease help since I would love to connect S9s to pro...Thanks
Can you show us your arguments you are using, in full? Such as your miners should be say this:

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
Worker: (Whatever you put it as)
Password: a=sha-256