Active forum moderation

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Aura89

Re: Active forum moderation

Post by Aura89 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:41 pm

AppleMiner wrote:No I think 3Moose totally gets whats going on here.

We are here to mine and make money. Period.
If you don't like the chat boards or the forum posts. Don't log in and don't read them. It won't affect our profit one way or another.

This pool could close the chat and the forums tomorrow if it was any kind of hassle to the profit margins we are all here for and I doubt any of us would bat an eyelid.
You, as well, don't seem to understand what is going on here.

Do people even read this forum?

People are asking if there can be forum management, not necessarily from the two brothers, but by volunteers or etc. to weed out the spam, the scams, etc.

Maybe you haven't seen it, but when someone comes into these forums, and spams 20 different random forum threads the exact same information, and in general is a scam someone is trying to get people into, this does not help prohashing or the people on said forum. It only puts them at risk. This thread was brought up i guarantee you because of the massive spam that happened just before it.

This idea that doing "nothing" is better because "we're here to mine and make money" does no one any good, because the forum is here to discuss issues, talk and discuss mining in general. This is a positive for prohashing, not a negative. The forum is not here for people to have to weed out spam and scams.

And it also has nothing to do with "not liking the chat and forums", infact it's the opposite, it's the fact that people like to come here and use this service that people would request it be better moderated.

And "This pool could close the chat and the forums tomorrow" would again not be benefitial to prohasing due to the fact that people have no desire to be part of something with no means of communication.

Better management is for the better of prohashing, simple as that, not a negative like you would like people to believe.

In fact, if you think these forums are so useless, why exactly are you here? Why do you have 71 posts in something so useless you care nothing for? Why did you go through the effort to apply an avatar?
Steve Sokolowski wrote:One of the people who has accepted an offer if we decide to expand will be tasked with reviewing the forums to make sure that these [CENSORED] spammers, for example, no longer have a home. We should have more information on that next week.
I would say it shouldn't necessarily be necessary that someone who is an admin on the forums be part of the actual business side of the website. Volunteer moderators/admins are generally the norm within a business' forum. Obviously that is up to you guys, but my only point is that you wouldn't necessarily need to pay someone and have out of pocket costs to moderate your forum.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:55 pm

I agree, and I think Greg Harding would be a fine moderator for these boards.
Just to nip off the 20 spam adds for selling things

Or at the very least move them to the correct sub forum.

But again, not worth either of the brothers losing an ounce of sleep over. Its not $ related.
The forum and the chat board could be dropped tomorrow, and the pool would continue just fine.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:26 pm

Every time I post on a chat board.... I'm reminded why I hate chat boards.
Last edited by 3Moose on Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:40 pm

Aura89 wrote:

If you don't like the chat boards or the forum posts. Don't log in and don't read them. It won't affect our profit one way or another.

This pool could close the chat and the forums tomorrow if it was any kind of hassle to the profit margins we are all here for and I doubt any of us would bat an eyelid.

People are asking if there can be forum management, not necessarily from the two brothers, but by volunteers or etc. to weed out the spam, the scams, etc.

Maybe you haven't seen it, but when someone comes into these forums, and spams 20 different random forum threads the exact same information, and in general is a scam someone is trying to get people into, this does not help prohashing or the people on said forum. It only puts them at risk. This thread was brought up i guarantee you because of the massive spam that happened just before it.

This idea that doing "nothing" is better because "we're here to mine and make money" does no one any good, because the forum is here to discuss issues, talk and discuss mining in general. This is a positive for prohashing, not a negative. The forum is not here for people to have to weed out spam and scams.

And it also has nothing to do with "not liking the chat and forums", infact it's the opposite, it's the fact that people like to come here and use this service that people would request it be better moderated.

And "This pool could close the chat and the forums tomorrow" would again not be benefitial to prohasing due to the fact that people have no desire to be part of something with no means of communication.

Better management is for the better of prohashing, simple as that, not a negative like you would like people to believe.

In fact, if you think these forums are so useless, why exactly are you here? Why do you have 71 posts in something so useless you care nothing for? Why did you go through the effort to apply an avatar?
Steve Sokolowski wrote:One of the people who has accepted an offer if we decide to expand will be tasked with reviewing the forums to make sure that these [CENSORED] spammers, for example, no longer have a home. We should have more information on that next week.
I would say it shouldn't necessarily be necessary that someone who is an admin on the forums be part of the actual business side of the website. Volunteer moderators/admins are generally the norm within a business' forum. Obviously that is up to you guys, but my only point is that you wouldn't necessarily need to pay someone and have out of pocket costs to moderate your forum.
OMG ... what a whiner. I do understand. Perfectly actually. I am just one of the thousands of adults who can read past a spam post without losing their damn mind. Good God. Please take smartest most enlightened guy in the room crap someplace else.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:35 pm

you guys are free to join the slack channel as well, lots of helpful people and interesting projects going on in there. invite link in my signature. no spam.. lol
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Moderator nah ? block filter yes better idea. Its up to the individual if they want to block a person and not a biased moderator. If you say something that does not agree to his taste but is not against the forum rules he will block you anyway. Moderator=no way , block filter=yes way. The choice should be ultimately left to the person reading the post and solely the person reading the post if he want to block that person. thats the way I feel end of story.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:56 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:you guys are free to join the slack channel as well, lots of helpful people and interesting projects going on in there. invite link in my signature. no spam.. lol
I recommend this.... people should join.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:44 am

3Moose wrote:
Aura89 wrote:

OMG ... what a whiner. I do understand. Perfectly actually. I am just one of the thousands of adults who can read past a spam post without losing their damn mind. Good God. Please take smartest most enlightened guy in the room crap someplace else.
It seems that AppleMiner is pretty knowledgeable and can handle spam well. I wonder if he would do a good job.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:58 pm

I would vote for him.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:25 pm

Id offer, but I voice a lot of my own opinions that I do not want to reflect on the pool in any negative ways.