Dead Pool - Nicehash -> PH

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
AppleMiner

Re: Dead Pool - Nicehash -> PH

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:39 pm

WAIT 10-12 MINS.

The restarts are NOT reconnecting and showing ALIVE like they used to.

If you have more than 1 pool configured, the rest work, wait 10 mins, it may YET connect to prohash.com
If you can ping it, you can connect to it, it just takes the miners FOREVER now to find it alive and connect in.
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:53 pm

Hum... I'm waiting for more than 24 hours...
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:04 pm

With a miner Im guessing its different than with nicehash. If the miner cant see the site it goes to the other sites and eventually sees PH as ALIVE and connects in and hashes.

Maybe if Nicehash cant establish a connection within X amount of time it times out and thats it.

I still find it strange I have yet to see the worker total get past 7550.
It gets close then bounces some workers back off.
There isn't some kind of upper bounds or variable limit on the number of workers that can connect in right?
Or the number of unique connections that can be made to the pool with the current internet package?

I just wonder if we only had 6000 workers online if we would still be having this connection issues.

Just seems like the miner says the site is DEAD until the next person jumps off to reset or retune their miner and a spot opens and we all fight to jump in, after 8 mins I can finally get a spot and login but before that its dead?
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:11 pm

Well, every time the miner connects it goes dead after a couple of seconds... but it is only one worker (with Nicehash you can create several workers each worker correspond to one order).
siberianbreaks

Post by siberianbreaks » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:44 pm

Come on, fix the nicehash issue
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:11 am

Update:

The password I was using for the last 2 months was a=x11 g=off h=1000 d=2. As soon as Nicehash send love to PH it goes Dead.
I tried only a=x11 g=off I get the same problem.
Tried now a=x11 g=off h=1000 d=2049... same.

Also, NH says "Disconnected. Pool difficulty too low for high speed." and "Current diff = 1" however I have h=1000 d=2049 in the password...

I also noticed that the NH worker takes longer to connect to the pool... Instead of taking less than 30 seconds (usual time for me) it is taking more than 5 minutes.

Thoughts? Anyone with the same problem?
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:37 am

Is this problem an issue for miners who aren't using Nicehash? It would be great if someone who isn't using Nicehash could report whether they are encountering the issue or not.
marinica1967

Post by marinica1967 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:38 pm

i have 10 l3+ and the connecting time to PH is 10-15 min! Always the pool is DEAD.My first pool is prohashing.com:3333,second pool is:proxy.prohashing.com:443 and 3rd is zpool.With 1st and 2nd PH pool l3+ connect faster - 10 min!!!
The PH pool have big problems to connect ASIC Antminer!
Pls do something!
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Just wondering why you have the PH proxy as your 2nd pool.
Its the same server, if 1 goes down they both do.

The proxy server address for a pool is only useful if you cant connect in on port 3333 if your ISP has it blocked.

I'd add different 2nd pool, as it is right now, if your 2 pools go down you aren't mining or making money.
3 strikes and I'm out, for you it only takes 2.
marinica1967

Post by marinica1967 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:33 pm

no apple,
most time proxy is alive and prohashing is dead
in 30 min 7 l3+ connect and 3 l3+ no because both PH pool appears DEAD!
proxy and ph.com has different ip
i don't understand why this error persist and anyone do nothing to resolve it
sorry for my English,hope you understand me