Set up on L3+

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
crika1

Set up on L3+

Post by crika1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:59 am

hi all,

i am newbie to this mining :)
i have a L3+ and i have tried yesterday to set it up to mine with prohashing.com

i have set the server to the prohashing serve

http://prohashing.com:3333/

i have added my user name

and left the password as blank,

however yesterday when i applied the settings , in the settings of the miner it was showing as DEAD and automatically switched to the second pool on nicehash,

did i do something wrong or was the server down?

thank you
gemohler

Re: Set up on L3+

Post by gemohler » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:03 am

Where did you get those instructions?

http://bfy.tw/EQjj
bney

Post by bney » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:08 am

That is incorrect. The proper setup is.

stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
put your username in the username field
I also put a=scrypt in the password to remove any question as to which algo this is.
crika1

Post by crika1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:10 am

i just looked at one of the youtube videos someone made, so i used the same details just obviously my own username

thank you for your help
crika1

Post by crika1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:11 am

will set it up with the way you sent the details in an hour or so when i get home.
based on your experience guys, what is the best payout coin to use?
and roughly what can the L3+ do $ in one day?
thank you
bney

Post by bney » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:16 am

Right now my L3+ is doing $15 to $17 a day
crika1

Post by crika1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:25 am

bney wrote:Right now my L3+ is doing $15 to $17 a day
did you set up the payout coin to be Litecoin or another coin?
sorry i am new, just want to get the right set up

thank you
bney

Post by bney » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:31 am

Initially I had it set to litecoin. Right now I have it set to US Dollars and tied to coinbase. The Litecoin paid out automatically when it hit the threshold like it should. My US Dollar payout hasnt happened yet even though I passed the threshold 2 days ago. Im going to wait a bit longer but may end up opening a ticket on that one. I suggest you pick something vanilla like litecoin to start with.
crika1

Post by crika1 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:37 am

ok thank you bney for the quick reply.

regards
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:43 am

bney I think when you auto-sell the litecoins on the coinbase side, it takes coinbase 5 days for the deposit to reach your bank.

I send my coins to coinbase, and then sell them manually when they go into my paypal which is instant.
Then I can drop the paypal to my bank in 1 day if I need to. Also it shows in the bank as a transfer from your paypal.
Not a deposit from coinbase. It may cost a bit more to go via paypal instead of bank directly, but ill pay for that extra layer of where did that money come from.

Good luck!