New problem...

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
TheoD914

New problem...

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:46 am

Under Hardware Version for my L3++ not even a week owning it comes up : Socket connect failed: Connection refused

I checked it is connected to my internet actively, (checked my router) it is not blocked via firewall

can anybody help me out? thank you! I googled and found some solution which lead me to look at my firewall router etc.
AppleMiner

Re: New problem...

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:19 am

Unplug it from the wall. Wait 2 mins until the power whine has gone away.

Plug it back in.
TheoD914

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:23 am

And if that doesn't work? Thank you for you're input though
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:04 pm

Have you tried different pools?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:22 pm

Dog and I tried to help Theo for 2 hours last night.

His miner on DHCP wasnt able to ping out.
We got it over on static and were able to ping out.

We tried to disconnect hashboards and test just the controller and with just 1 hashboard.
At no time did Theo's MINER STATUS page ever display fully.

He can see the general page tab, and the miner config pools and the network, but the miner status page wont load he says.
Choices were to do a fresh firmware install which dog helped him with and didnt fix the displaying of the miner status page.
Or a SD card flash, but I had to take off for bed last night and haven't heard any updated progress.

I recommended getting in touch with the CA Bitmain office today and asking them, but sounds like some error or fault with the controller card.
There was no fault red light. But the pool info DEAD vs ALIVE wont show up for him. We explained you have to wait 2-3 mins between a reboot/applying settings and seeing the updated info on the pages, but even after waiting, the miner status page never displayed.

He was using chrome, should be fine there, but I did recommend trying a diff browser just to be sure its not working fine and just not displaying, but if that web tab wont load then he may have a bigger issue and calling bitmain may get him closer to being fixed.

We power cycled the miner and the router. He was already using the latest firmware and pretty sure Dog had him flash it with the checkbox off, it came back up with antminer antpool sites and still wouldnt ping or hit them on DHCP, tried to move it back to static, missed a setting, had to reset the miner back to DHCP mode and thats when I went to bed.

Any updates guys?
TheoD914

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:01 pm

Alright, so heres some update,

I called Verizon to see whatsup, I allowed DMZ host plugged in the last 3 of the antminr l3+ IP and I made it static connection on my router, its pinging 4/4 on the antminer and 6/6 on my router. So after Verizon told me that it went from Socket connect failed back to the 0.1.0.1 or whatever numbers it was, after I plugged in my ProHash information and saved and applied it went back to Socket connect failed, right now im rebooting it, rebooting my router, and hope for some news..
TheoD914

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Rebooted both miner and router, still pinging but the miner keeps rebooting by itself and socket error still connection refused, Bitmain got back to me via email saying

"Connection refused means, the hash PCB is not communicating with the control module and it does not mean you are having the internet problem"

Based off this google search it seems like its not just me : https://litecointalk.io/t/antminer-l3-e ... fused/9151

Hopefully itll just come back, regarding the router its connected its pinging with the miner, just now after i put in the pool information nothing loads as it did 3-4 days ago
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:42 pm

If you tried the 2 PCI-E and white ribbon connectors on the closest hashboard, try using just the far one plugged in and powered along with the controller card.

Maybe one of the hashboards is bad and is messing it up, but I would think it would show the other 3 just fine and xxxxxx or not display 1 of the boards rather than not load anything. But if the controller just has ethernet, 1 power, 2 fans and 1 white ribbon cable going to just the far hashboard and that has power plugged in and when you power up the miner that fails. And you connect a middle hashboard's white cable and power and that doesnt work either, then I am leaning towards a bad controller board.

You said just now after I put in the pool information nothing loads.
Was something loading before? Have you ever seen the status screen load up with information in the past 4 days?
When you did the firmware flash, and let the settings reset/not be saved, did the antpool info come up and show anything on the miner's status tab?
TheoD914

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:42 pm

So I reset the miner before leaving my house resetting it to default settings, and now it is showing 1.0.1.3 instead of socket connect failed, so I havent touched the pools or anything just left it running after it reset itself. Weird...
TheoD914

Post by TheoD914 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:53 pm

So its working everything is fine, but again when i put in my prohash pool info it returns to socket error and nothing happens, so i just put stratum-ltc.antpool.com:443 back instead of prohash and it started to hash again normally