System down?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
davidnguyen

Re: System down?

Post by davidnguyen » Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:41 pm

my miners work well with efficiency = 0, after that, i reset miner and reconnect to prohasing. all miner report dead pool.
Are there anyone have same problems?
Now, my miner couldnot be connected to prohashing pool.
DaddyFreedom

Post by DaddyFreedom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:12 am

I'm having the same issue as davidnguyen. Can anyone help us please? In the miner configuration, I'm putting same details as I had before, but cannot seem to get the miner going. What can be the problem be?
I don't think is any fault with my miner, as when I go to another mining pool, like antpool, it mines fine.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:23 pm

what pool info are you using to connect to prohashing?
what password are you using on the miner to connect to the pool.

Did you turn on the API key requirement for your accounts?
If so, and you are not using the k= value as part of your password then the miners will not connect.
DaddyFreedom

Post by DaddyFreedom » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:13 pm

OK yes this is what I was using prior the incident or system down, just after I register with the pool on Tuesday the 10th, and managed to mine for about 18 hours successfully:

URL: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
Worker: DaddyFreedom
Password: d=16384

I really like this pool, as I got a better return in 18 hours more then the other pool in 24 hours.

Now, I'm not sure if I have turn the API key requirements, which I will check when I'm back home later on, as I have to go to work now, but really I rather have virtual workers, making money for me, then me earning hard money using my personal skills :-)

Thanks for your response AppleMiner, Cheers!
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:35 pm

Your d= value may be a bit low also, try without using a static D= setting on the password.
I like to add n=worker1 to my password so my miner has a name on the earnings to view the hashes on.
DaddyFreedom

Post by DaddyFreedom » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:39 am

Mate, you wouldn't believe it, but one simple little mistake that I manage to pick up from another member here in the forum, in another post posted earlier today regarding L3+ Set up. I was able to pick my simple mistake. Instead of having the url as: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
I had it as: stratum+ltc://prohashing.com:3333 No wonder I couldn't get it going. lol

But of course with your help I also added in the password field: n=worker1 a=scrypt and the "k=" for the API key requirement.
Also now I notice that the Average Mining Efficiency is 100% which is awesome, as last time I was only getting around 97%, I guess cause I had it set in the password field with a lower "d=" value.

I really appricate your help. Cheers!! Let the L3+ mine like a pro. :-)
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:52 am

DaddyFreedom wrote:Mate, you wouldn't believe it, but one simple little mistake that I manage to pick up from another member here in the forum, in another post posted earlier today regarding L3+ Set up. I was able to pick my simple mistake. Instead of having the url as: stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
I had it as: stratum+ltc://prohashing.com:3333 No wonder I couldn't get it going. lol

But of course with your help I also added in the password field: n=worker1 a=scrypt and the "k=" for the API key requirement.
Also now I notice that the Average Mining Efficiency is 100% which is awesome, as last time I was only getting around 97%, I guess cause I had it set in the password field with a lower "d=" value.

I really appricate your help. Cheers!! Let the L3+ mine like a pro. :-)
You don't really need a=scrypt in there because if that wasn't in there, it'd default to scrypt. As far as i understand, a= is only necessary if you are mining x11. Per prohashings own help page:

"a: selects an algorithm for mining. Supported algorithms are "scrypt" and "x11." If this argument is not provided, the default algorithm of scrypt is used. "

Not saying you SHOULD take it out, since it'll work, but you don't need it.

As well, k= isn't a requirement unless you make it a requirement. Ironically enough, if you make it a requirement, it means no one else can make money for you without you giving them the API. Now, i'm not sure WHY someone would make money for someone else, but i just don't see any value at all in using k= since again, it doesn't hurt you if someone else decides to work for you and give you money, it only hurts you if you prevent it with k= and someone, for some unknown, illogical reason decides to work for you and give you money lol