BTC Payment Threshold

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
jmorley

BTC Payment Threshold

Post by jmorley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:03 am

Hi, Guys,

Been mining for a few days now with my new L3+

Everything has been working fine but I having an issue with BTC payment.

My set up is BTC 40% Dash 20% LTC 20% ETH 20%

Checked my wallet a few times and ID looks ok. I also send some money to it from Nicehash GPU mining

At the moment I have 0.01372141 on hold is the payment threshold really 0.057 about $250? Seems a bit high
Splinter

Re: BTC Payment Threshold

Post by Splinter » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:50 am

Yeah... I agree. It should be 0.015 for BTC. I recommend LTC or ETH as payout for small miners here.
jmorley

Post by jmorley » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:27 pm

Just saw Ethereum likely to be #1 by August 5 ill think ill mine 100% BTC until I can withdraw and then switch to ETH/LTC
Rexmint

Post by Rexmint » Fri Oct 06, 2017 4:07 pm

I understand that transfer fees can be high for BTC but now with SegWit activate - why can't the pool just use a SegWit address which has lower fees and set the payments at 100-140 sat/byte? I have a SegWit BTC address I created on my Ledger Nano S and have sent transactions for cheap especially when I set the fee at or below 100 sat/byte.

I also have another question about BTC payouts and credits here. I was going to create a topic today for it but I'll just high jack this tread and hope for an answer. :)

For this example let's say BTC Is $1,000 USD per. Each hour I earn $100 mining so that should be 0.1 BTC per hour. Let's say at 12 PM - half way though the day BTC jumps to $2,000 and there are no other price movements. Still mining $100 per hour my payment would drop to 0.05 BTC for that hour.

In this case would I earn (12x0.1)+(12x0.5) = 1.8 BTC? Or would the pool pay or credit me $2400 worth of BTC which in the example would only be 1.2 BTC? Another way of asking is the payout coin you select credited as earned using the value of the coin at the time of mining?

I hope I made my question clear.

I really think the pool should be able to lower the BTC payout threshold using SegWit and a low sat/byte fee even if we have to wait a little bit for the tx toconfirm.