Does L3+ require specific setup?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
arensirb

Does L3+ require specific setup?

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:48 am

Does L3+ require static diff using password field?

When I tried 3x L3+ on prohash results was bad at best.. $20 per day TOTAL for 3 miners..
Jakeg5280

Re: Does L3+ require specific setup?

Post by Jakeg5280 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:00 am

20$ per day on each miner or $20 for all three? yesterday was a low pay day for sure but under $7 per L3+ is really really low.... I wasnt happy about the amount i made off 1 unit
arensirb

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:05 am

20 per day TOTAL ... aka 20/3 per miner... I instantly moved them to nicehash.
But nicehash seems shady to me.. Seems like they do payouts etc manually.. A simple btc transfer takes several hours they say.
Foldmine

Post by Foldmine » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:19 am

$20 between 3 for yesterday is too low, even though yesterday was a bad day I made $15.50 each. Are you sure that was for the whole 24 hour period you were mining? The payouts are once per 24hrs and on a fixed time so if it was your first day you will only have got paid for the amount of time you were mining until the end of that fixed payment period. You'll get a better idea on your second day
mycide

Post by mycide » Fri Oct 06, 2017 8:38 am

20usd for 3*L3+ is not correct, more like 20 usd each. maybe bit less now.
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
zafar177

Post by zafar177 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:10 am

I have tried many different d= settings for password for L3+. Many users say that d=131702 is the best 'd' arguement. The help section says the best setting is to leave it blank.
After many different settings I have decided not to set the difficulty and just leave it dynamic.
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:34 am

There are only a few ways to get 20 dollars across three machines.

----------------------

1)You were not connected the entire time to the network due to a local outage (has happened to me)

2)you submitted a very large amount of stale shares (check your efficiency)

3) You minded for a shorter period than you think due to the cut off times (Payouts lock in at midnight EST)

4) You were mining a static coin (Hard to do on accident)

5) One or more of your machines is using an incorrect username (Check to see if all the connects are "alive" in the status page of the L3)

6) Your L3's are not producing at least 500 mh/s (there are some bad batches)

7) Your L3's ARE producing 500 mh/s but you have a high latency. (Check the actual credited mh/s and efficiency)

8) A combination of all the above.
Last edited by 3Moose on Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Foldmine

Post by Foldmine » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:35 am

Mine's always been set to dynamic and I've never really seen anyone using custom D settings posting daily earnings anything significantly more than what I had earned for the same day. But I've only been on for 7 days.
arensirb

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:16 am

3Moose wrote:There are only a few ways to get 20 dollars across three machines.

----------------------

1)You were not connected the entire time to the network due to a local outage (has happened to me)
I'm on gigabit fiber. THe connection did not drop.

2)you submitted a very large amount of stale shares (check your efficiency)
It was 100 iirc.

3) You minded for a shorter period than you think due to the cut off times (Payouts lock in at midnight EST)
huh?

4) You were mining a static coin (Hard to do on accident)
nope

5) One or more of your machines is using an incorrect username (Check to see if all the connects are "alive" in the status page of the L3)
nope

6) Your L3's are not producing at least 500 mh/s (there are some bad batches)
On nicehash they range between 392 and 685 actually..

7) Your L3's ARE producing 500 mh/s but you have a high latency. (Check the actual credited mh/s and efficiency)
Yes, Prohashing has no EU server?? Latency is 175ms from me...

8) A combination of all the above.
I think it might be the latency that does it. Why on earth doesnt prohashing have EU server? Other pools manage this, why not prohashing?
arensirb

Post by arensirb » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 pm

Right now I pointed my machines back on prohashing to test it out. 6 pcs.
I'm at 92.31% miner efficiency.
How long does it take before I can assume I have a valid number for efficiency?