Some more profitable coins never seemed to be mined

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Foldmine

Some more profitable coins never seemed to be mined

Post by Foldmine » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:21 am

This is probably a stupid question so hopefully someone knows the answer. I just wondered why there are coins that top the profitability chart so regularly but hardly ever seem to be mined. For example Topcoin -It's regularly above 7 cents for profitability but I've never seen my miners mining it.
Alex

Re: Some more profitable coins never seemed to be mined

Post by Alex » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:39 am

Multiple factors play a role in coin selection. Network capabilty, coin difficulty, the available exchanges used and hashrate of the mining hardware. It isn't just about the profitability/mining reward of a coin. You can always mine your prefered coin with the solo argument in your password field.
Foldmine

Post by Foldmine » Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:50 am

Thanks, I thought it would be something like that. It looks like for whatever reason it just assigns a handful of miners from the pool to these coins sometimes. Or maybe those are people who have chosen to mine those coins solo
3Moose

Post by 3Moose » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:55 am

Best I can tell, TopCoin is very thinly traded. If you tried to actually trade it in a PH type of volume, it would crash the value and the realized profit would be much less than the actually stated profit.
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:27 pm

I show TOPCOIN hasnt had a found block in days, maybe it just needs fixed, or synced or removed from the coin list.

Also there was a big deal about solo and static miners, and how static pool miners may be forced to move to auto switch coins.
From what I read, the pool moves you to the pool autoswitch coin, which can handle the load on the autoswitch pool.
So if a coin cant handle the load(hahahah) OR if there are already enough SOLO or STATIC POOL miners on that coin, then the AUTOPOOL switcher will never touch that coin. So if you want to mine the big .22c/sec coin at the top, you just set your c= to that coin and you mine that coin at that profitibility. If you leave it to the auto picker, you will end up on the .032c/sec coin that the pool is working on.

Please correct me if I got any of that wrong so people have right info.

The fate of the profits are in your hands!
Save the cheerleader....save the world.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Fri Oct 06, 2017 2:31 pm

it switches you to a coin with no value or very little value.