BTC payout system BUG - Brothers please fix.

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Steve Sokolowski

Re: BTC payout system BUG - Brothers please fix.

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Oct 07, 2017 2:17 pm

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the issue, but I don't think this issue is a bug. $5 in bitcoin can't be paid out because the average transaction on the bitcoin network costs $5 on many days. Inputs worth less than that are now considered dust - that's how bad the bitcoin network is due to the Core developers' incompetence.

We changed the default payout coin to litecoins to prevent this issue. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about this. Even if you earn more bitcoins, you'll still be charged about $5 to ignore the payout threshold. The $5 is a sunk cost and is lost. Feel free to contact Gregory Maxwell if you agree that this is ridiculous.
ru55ian

Post by ru55ian » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:30 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:Perhaps I'm misunderstanding the issue, but I don't think this issue is a bug. $5 in bitcoin can't be paid out because the average transaction on the bitcoin network costs $5 on many days. Inputs worth less than that are now considered dust - that's how bad the bitcoin network is due to the Core developers' incompetence.

We changed the default payout coin to litecoins to prevent this issue. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about this. Even if you earn more bitcoins, you'll still be charged about $5 to ignore the payout threshold. The $5 is a sunk cost and is lost. Feel free to contact Gregory Maxwell if you agree that this is ridiculous.

I think you are misunderstanding the issue here, I am not asking for that amount to be paid out, but since I have mined that amount, it should be reflected in "Payout Eligible" block, just like any other coin, and it doesn't. It seems that system is showing amount that I have mined but would not release it.

This has nothing to do with minimum amounts, it has everything to do with integrity.

I wouldn't try to cashout this amount but seeing that your system just blatantly keeping it, doesn't seem to be fair to me.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:49 pm

dog1965 wrote:
Same thing here I never chose money coin as my payout coin!!!! when I try to go to settings to delete it. it is not there. so yes I agree definite bug.
What does moneycoin being in your payout section have anything to do with the issue being brought up here?......Nothing....

Not saying that's not a bug, obviously, but it literally has nothing to do with the topic on hand.
ru55ian wrote:
I think you are misunderstanding the issue here, I am not asking for that amount to be paid out, but since I have mined that amount, it should be reflected in "Payout Eligible" block, just like any other coin, and it doesn't. It seems that system is showing amount that I have mined but would not release it.

This has nothing to do with minimum amounts, it has everything to do with integrity.

I wouldn't try to cashout this amount but seeing that your system just blatantly keeping it, doesn't seem to be fair to me.
If it's below the network minimum (the minimum they would allow you to set your payout to) Then how exactly would it ever become eligible for a payout?

Every comparison to litecoin you have given as a reason why it being below the payout threshold doesn't matter has also show that your eligible LTC payout has been above the network minimum.

But again, my question to you would be, if you can't get a payout of BTC below the network minimum of 0.002 BTC, then how exactly could you define it ever as "Payout eligible", when it's not? No matter what you manually put the threshold to, it would not be payable, because the threshold can only go down to 0.002 BTC. So how could that ever be eligible for a payout?
Last edited by Aura89 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:56 pm

No disrespect but why must you troll me everytime I post something. and again it has everything to do with the subject its paying me coins I never choose so yes its in topic please stop trolling thank you.
Last edited by dog1965 on Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm

dog1965 wrote:No disrespect but why must you troll me everytime I post something ?
I'm not trolling you, every single post i have quoted you on has valid question. Again, you posted a completely different issue in someones thread about an issue.

If you want your, specific, issue to be fixed, don't take over someone elses issue and try to make it about your issue. Send a ticket or create your own post.

I made it very clear why i replied to you in this thread, and then you reply to me that i'm trolling you......
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:00 pm

dog1965 wrote:No disrespect but why must you troll me everytime I post something. and again it has everything to do with the subject its paying me coins I never choose so yes its in topic plaese stop trolling thank you.
It literally, 100% has nothing to do with the post at hand, how can you not understand that?

The topic at hand is about type of coin, in this case BTC, not becoming payout eligible and this guy thinks that it should.

Your issue is that you are getting coins in a payout you never requested.

100%, completely and totally different issues. There is not one, tiny little bit of similarities. 100%. You're just hijacking someone elses thread for no reason.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:04 pm

Thats your assumption I never said I was. in general both issues are bugs have a nice day.

topic: "Re: BTC payout system BUG" makes sense to you now mine is a payout bug also.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:18 pm

dog1965 wrote:Thats your assumption I never said I was. in general both issues are bugs have a nice day. also if that were the case why would you point that out but for no other reason but to troll.

My assumption?

What are you on about?

And yes, they are both potential bugs, but they are two DIFFERENT potential bugs. That's literally the entire point.

Here i'll help you

"BTC payout system BUG - Brothers please fix."

^ This is this threads topic, it's right on the spot that you click to get into this thread. This is its only topic.
dog1965 wrote: topic: "Re: BTC payout system BUG" makes sense to you now mine is a payout bug also.

No.

Ugh it's like talking to a wall. Two very extremely different potential bugs. My fricken goodness.

Please, don't bother replying as i have you on ignore now so i don't have to see your posts.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:27 pm

Aura89 wrote:
dog1965 wrote:Thats your assumption I never said I was. in general both issues are bugs have a nice day. also if that were the case why would you point that out but for no other reason but to troll.

My assumption?

What are you on about?

And yes, they are both potential bugs, but they are two DIFFERENT potential bugs. That's literally the entire point.

Here i'll help you

"BTC payout system BUG - Brothers please fix."

^ This is this threads topic, it's right on the spot that you click to get into this thread. This is its only topic.
dog1965 wrote: topic: "Re: BTC payout system BUG" makes sense to you now mine is a payout bug also.

No.

Ugh it's like talking to a wall. Two very extremely different potential bugs. My fricken goodness.

Please, don't bother replying as i have you on ignore now so i don't have to see your posts.
A bug is a bug end of story. something your narrow mind just dont seem to understand either.
mck

Post by mck » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:27 pm

It is plain & simple... @ru55ian @dog1965 you both have a peculiar issue with the coin balance database. I'm sure Steve and Chris will acknowledge these bugs when they have look at them (but they are bathing in tickets already...).

@ru55ian: *Any* balance should become Payout eligible at 00:00 ET, no matter what the Payout treshold is and also the Network minimum has nothing to do with it. ("Payout eligible" is the same as "mature balance")

@dog1965: Maybe somebody was shortly solo mining Moneycoin with your username!? But it's weird that All-time earned is lower. Imagine your ghost balance was BTC instead of Moneycoin. :shock: