Live worker status showing four(4) machines instead of just two(2)

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
ajpyoung

Live worker status showing four(4) machines instead of just two(2)

Post by ajpyoung » Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:17 pm

Hi,

Wanted to report that something weird is going on with the Live worker status. I only have two machines, but in the live worker status, it's showing four.

The two other machines have an error saying that "This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored."

I have a screenshot of it but I can't attach an image here (maybe I can email or upload it somewhere?)
dog1965

Re: Live worker status showing four(4) machines instead of just two(2)

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:46 am

well I wont add my comment because my last post got deleted for using freedom of speech. must keep it civil.
greenhorn0815

Post by greenhorn0815 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:51 am

Your first amendment rights do not extend into private forums, you are confined to the definitions laid out in the PH Forums ToS if you want to be active here.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 2:15 am

greenhorn0815 wrote:Your first amendment rights do not extend into private forums, you are confined to the definitions laid out in the PH Forums ToS if you want to be active here.
whatever.
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:55 am

dog1965 wrote:well I wont add my comment because my last post got deleted for using freedom of speech. must keep it civil.
Lol, "freedom of speech" on someones private forums. That's a good one.

As to the topic at hand. I think i read somewhere on this forum that if that happen it typically means your miners disconnected for a small while and reconnected before the system understood that you had even been disconnected? Could be wrong.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:45 am

Aura89 wrote:
dog1965 wrote:well I wont add my comment because my last post got deleted for using freedom of speech. must keep it civil.

As to the topic at hand. I think i read somewhere on this forum that if that happen it typically means your miners disconnected for a small while and reconnected before the system understood that you had even been disconnected? Could be wrong.
whatever.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 am

again also if its private anyone can post in it that means its public.
ajpyoung

Post by ajpyoung » Thu Oct 05, 2017 10:59 am

Aura89 wrote:

Thanks for the answer :D
Aura89

Post by Aura89 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 11:47 am

dog1965 wrote:again also if its private anyone can post in it that means its public.
That's not even remotely true.

If i am a business and i allow people to come into my place of business during the hours i permit, that does not mean i am a public entity that anyone can use at any time. In fact, i can refuse service to anyone i want, and spontaniously for any reason at all prevent people from entering my business, as i am a private entity, not a public road or park or etc.

Same thing with my house. If i rent out a room, that does not mean my house is public property where people can do whatever they want and come and go whenever they want. My house is still privately owned by myself and i get to choose who comes into it and who i kick out etc.

You registered with this website and agreed to its ToS (Terms Of Service). They can do whatever they want with your account, including but not limited to deleting your messages and banning your account. This is not a PUBLIC website, the only public websites would be the government websites.

This is fairly common knowledge stuff here and i'm honestly having trouble understanding how you do not grasp this.

"Private property is not government-owned. Restrictions on individuals' free-speech rights on private property do not involve state action."

"Free speech protection, however, does not extend to private homes or businesses including their websites. You may have the right to say what you like in a public forum, but you don’t have the right to enter a private home or business and their websites and do that. In such situations your right to free speech is subject to the discretion of the owner of that private forum."

Please stop making stuff up and creating problems.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:25 pm

yes but those are physical places thats different thank you if you post for everyone to read then its public and dont have nothing to do with your buisness or house which are physical end of stury have a nice day.