"This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored." but..

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
busseio

"This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored." but..

Post by busseio » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:32 pm

I understand there was a recent change to eliminate duplicate miner names in the system.

I had a power blip due to a circuit breaker being flipped and it shut my miner (L3+) down. I counted to 60 and flipped the breaker back on and after my miner powered back up, I'm seeing the error: "This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored."

I'm also seeing a UUID-looking value on my earnings page where it would normally say "Busse" in the upper-left column.

Mining appears to be happening. And I am observing balance increases.

Two things:

1. Wanted to give the feedback that I think I'm encountering this issue even though I'm a legit single instance of this miner name - possibly my power blip and restart moved me off and back on the system too quickly?

2. I'm seeking guidance on what steps I should take to clear the error? And of course, is there any risk to my earnings while I'm mining in this error condition?

Thanks!
Busse
GregoryGHarding

Re: "This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored." b

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:43 pm

its only the name.. nothing is being risked. if you properly disconnect from prohashing instead of leaving half open connection to ph because of power disruption, youll be back to normal
busseio

Re: "This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored." b

Post by busseio » Sat Sep 30, 2017 4:00 pm

Thanks - I executed a proper disconnect using the Miner Settings, Save & Apply with unchanged settings and that cleared the error. I appreciate the help!
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:23 am

busseio wrote:Thanks - I executed a proper disconnect using the Miner Settings, Save & Apply with unchanged settings and that cleared the error. I appreciate the help!
I'm going to change this behavior so that the oldest session that is associated with the worker name receives this error, instead of the newest session. That way, if the oldest session is dead but hasn't timed out yet, the error session will be deleted instead of the good session receiving the error.

The change will be made during this afternoon's release.
jeff822

Post by jeff822 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:51 pm

i'm getting these errors at this time. I just signed up a few days ago. However i'm getting the error:

"This miner attempted to authenticate with a duplicate worker name, so its n= password argument is being ignored."

Eventhough the name is not duplicate. Would the fix applied work for newer accounts as well?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:35 pm

if by FIX you mean either changing the name of the miner in the password to another n=name
or rebooting the miner, then sure, the FIX should work even for new accounts.
jeff822

Post by jeff822 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:17 pm

Well, I have two miners set up with prohashing and plan to bring more on board from other pools. One L3+ and one D3 so far. For the first day the worker name works fine, after that I start getting the error on each of them. I updated the n= option in the password however it happens again soon after. I ssh'd into the machines and checked the logs and I am showing that neither system rebooted. It would be nice if the system at least appended something to the end of the worker name you provided so then even with the bug in place identification would prevail.