Displayed hashrate on PH vs on AntMiner

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
niekh

Displayed hashrate on PH vs on AntMiner

Post by niekh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:37 pm

Hi all,

I am wondering why my displayed hashrate at my earnings page is around a +- 400MHz average with each of my L3+ miners, while the MHz shown at my antminer settings page shows a stable +- 500 MHz. I have read the 'help' page but I can not find out. I am having this issue for a while now.

Thanks in advance!

Niek
hashingpro

Re: Displayed hashrate on PH vs on AntMiner

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:40 pm

What's your effeciency at? the speed dial under the hashrates for your worker?
niekh

Post by niekh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:47 pm

Around 98%
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:48 pm

Did you try different difficulties?
niekh

Post by niekh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:51 pm

No not yet, I am pretty new to this ;). I have one miner with a static difficulty of 32,768 (my mine friends told me to do) and the other 4 have a dynamic dificulty.
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:54 pm

It's normal for your hashrate to vary. The pool is just guessing based on the shares you submit. If you want to make sure that everything is ok, then set a low share difficulty on a high difficulty static coin. "d=32768 c=bitconnectcoin" for example. Then wait at least 2 hours for the averages to fill out completely and the displayed hash rate should closely match your actual hash rate. The displayed hashrate being lower than expected wont affect your profitability though. It's all based on the submitted shares. If it still doesn't get close after all of that, it might be something to look into.
niekh

Post by niekh » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:01 pm

Thanks! I will try to figure this out in the coming days.

Thanks a lot for your help.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:04 pm

gestalt wrote: It's all based on the submitted shares.
So if you have 50 L3+ miners working on BCC and they each get 1 share per minute and I have a single L3+ mining gualden coins and it makes 50 shares in 1 minute.

That it's all based on the submitted shares, and the Single L3+ with 50 shares submitted in 1 min would make the same as your 50 L3s during that time? That seems awfully wonky to me. Maybe I am not understanding it correctly. Or I am completely getting lost on shares.
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:09 pm

No, because they are different coins so the profit from each share is different. But if you have one really lucky L3+ that submits 50 shares in the same time that it takes for 4 other L3+ to submit 50 shares then the profit is the same between the 1 lucky one and the 4 normal ones if they are on the same coin at the same time.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Thu Sep 28, 2017 7:12 pm

ok so how does it work across coins then?

If this is a POOL that suggests all the money is POOLED and then split back out based on what was put in from each person

or is it just an auto-switcher and only POOL across the same coin?
So each coin has its own POOL and if you arent working that coin at that time you arent splitting that COIN'S pool's profits?