Newbie learning to mine

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
vonpupp

Newbie learning to mine

Post by vonpupp » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:18 pm

Hi,

I am trying to mine for the first time in the meantime my asic arrive.

I am using cpuminer-multi [1] on a VPS.

Code: Select all

> $ ./cpuminer --version                                                                                                                                       [±linux ✓]
** cpuminer-multi 1.3.3 by tpruvot@github **
BTC donation address: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd (tpruvot)

built with GCC 5.4.0 the Sep 24 2017
 compiled for AVX2
 config features: x86_64 SSE2 XOP AVX AVX2

libcurl/7.47.0 OpenSSL/1.0.2g zlib/1.2.8 libidn/1.32 librtmp/2.3
jansson/2.7
The commandline I am using is the following:

> $ ./cpuminer -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u vonpupp -p "c=Verge" --debug
If I understood properly I could be able to automagically mine Verge and I don't need to setup the algorithm nor any other parameter. However I receive the following error:

** cpuminer-multi 1.3.3 by tpruvot@github **
BTC donation address: 1FhDPLPpw18X4srecguG3MxJYe4a1JsZnd (tpruvot)

[2017-09-24 17:45:45] 1 miner threads started, using 'scrypt' algorithm.
[2017-09-24 17:45:45] Starting Stratum on stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333
[2017-09-24 17:45:53] Stratum authentication failed
[2017-09-24 17:45:53] ...retry after 10 seconds
If I try to use the x17 algo and more parameter as follows:

> $ ./cpuminer -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u vonpupp -p "a=X17 u=vonpupp c=Verge" --debug
I get the same error.

Any help please? Thanks!

[1]: https://github.com/tpruvot/cpuminer-multi.git
micca410evo

Re: Newbie learning to mine

Post by micca410evo » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:13 pm

i don't know x17

try: $ ./cpuminer -S -o stratum+tcp://prohashing.com:3333 -u vonpupp -p "n=worker1 c=Verge" --debug

not sure if -S have to be added but check the help function "Run "cpuminer --help" to see options.", i think you need to add -S to mine scrypt
vonpupp

Post by vonpupp » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:22 pm

Thank you for your answer but it is definitively not working.

I tried both with a VPS (hangs) and an ASIC (reported as dead). Perhaps the stratum server for that coin is dead? (not sure if each coin must have it's own stratum server, but I think it works that way).

Maybe someone from the support team could help me out?
gestalt

Post by gestalt » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:42 pm

The Verge coin currently has an error here. It's not going to work until that gets resolved. You should try it with a different coin. You can see which coins are currently working on the main page at the bottom. Click on show all to see the full list. The ones with errors are at the end of the list. Also, only scrypt and x11 will work here.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:04 pm

vonpupp wrote:Thank you for your answer but it is definitively not working.

I tried both with a VPS (hangs) and an ASIC (reported as dead). Perhaps the stratum server for that coin is dead? (not sure if each coin must have it's own stratum server, but I think it works that way).

Maybe someone from the support team could help me out?
Feel free to submit a support ticket to Chris about this coin. Chris may be able to fix whatever the error is. There are always so many coins in error that it's possible it's a fixable error that was just low priority because nobody really cared about it until now.