earnings show 2 extra workers then my miner stop earning

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
hashingpro

Re: earnings show 2 extra workers then my miner stop earning

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:09 am

shouldnt even take but 3 mins.
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 am

already messing up again. it went for about 10 minutes then it showed "no valid shares yet" as if it was disconnected but after a few minutes it has earned nothing...
on the plus side i am not getting a bunch of workers since i named mine lol
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:22 am

sorry to bug
i will figure it out. thanks for the help
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:33 am

Chat with us in the channel if people are alive and awake...well alive anyways we can offer help and advice right there.
If you look back a few post at Greg's tagline he has a slack channel some of the people join if you want some help also.

Good luck, glad the worker issue settled down and you can see the data not moving around at least.
small steps....small steps.
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:08 am

i left it just to see if it would work while i slept and it did. seems the main issue was with the worker name. it worked well the last 5 hours

Thanks hashingpro
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:37 pm

after lookin at the hash rate the last 18hrs, my miner disconnects ever 20-30 minutes and is down for about 10min each time. so i have missed out on about 30-40% of my earnings. is this normal?

Edit:backup pool shows about 37min of mining the last 18 hours so i guess thats cool atleast it is covering some of my loss here
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:33 pm

if you are using a L3+ what firmware are you running?
On the main SYSTEM page of the L3+, on the OVERVIEW tab, whats the file system version you are using?
The date on it?
Jakeg5280

Post by Jakeg5280 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:08 am

august 25th firmware. i thought it was the most up to date.

So my miner has been running good for 19 hours. i have a feeling the devs fixed whatever the problem was.
thanks for all the help.
waxounet

Post by waxounet » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:07 am

I had same problem, I changed worker names (it was [name]1 and [name]2 so I put [name]4 and [name]5 instead). At first I had 4 workers instead of 2 showing on the "earning" page, two of them were the old 1 and 2 workers, making no shares and continuously switching coins, but the other two (4 and 5) were working alright, then 1 and 2 disappeared after a while.
This problem started after I tried to use the solo mining mode for the first time if that helps, but I dunno if it's linked or not with this problem.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:25 am

Jakeg5280 wrote:i left it just to see if it would work while i slept and it did. seems the main issue was with the worker name. it worked well the last 5 hours

Thanks hashingpro
The handling of worker names has been changed. Before yesterday, miners with the same worker name were allowed to connect, which allowed for undefined behavior like what you saw.

Now, a second miner which uses a duplicate worker name will be disconnected to prevent this issue. You'll want to make sure your worker names are unique.