X11 short term mining efficiency

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Bitatlas

X11 short term mining efficiency

Post by Bitatlas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:10 am

Hi guys,

Let's say I can point a couple of D3 to Prohashing for only for 30 minutes to 1 hour per day. How efficient would this be, compared with full time mining? Would it generate more orphans? Proportionally I would receive the same payout as 24h mining?

Thanks guys!
micca410evo

Re: X11 short term mining efficiency

Post by micca410evo » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:36 pm

Why would you generate more orphans?
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:00 pm

I don't know... maybe so inefficiency..
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:14 pm

whether you stop after 1 hour, 5 hours or 3 days, you are only missing that last cut off point.

Now if you want to compare mining here every OTHER hour to just straight mining for 12 hours in a row, I can pretty much tell you that one.
The 12 disconnects will drop the work in progress and the single long run wont drop except the last work load when you quit.
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:14 pm

hashingpro wrote:whether you stop after 1 hour, 5 hours or 3 days, you are only missing that last cut off point.

Now if you want to compare mining here every OTHER hour to just straight mining for 12 hours in a row, I can pretty much tell you that one.
The 12 disconnects will drop the work in progress and the single long run wont drop except the last work load when you quit.
That's what I mean hashingpro...

Imagine that I'm mining in a place where my electricity is not stable (my miners restart a lot) and I have hypothetically those 12 disconnects per day. How would this affect the earnings?
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:31 pm

Hardly at all. Very little impact I would imagine.

If you are solo mining and in the middle, you could drop out of a block you might have found and it could have cost you $1200. The odds of that round being found and being the one you disconnected from instead of finding..probably lottery winning odds on powerball.

If you are in the pool you are getting like a penny every 10 seconds or whatever, if you disconnect and reconnect you may have missed out on 1 extra penny at most, plus all the rest of the pennies the whole time you are offline not mining.

If the miners are just restarting its fine, the pool will reset and go offline and come back up every so often so your miners even if working right would still restart the mining service on the pool a few times a day anyways. It's normal and fine. If the electric isn't stable they do have UPS that can regulate the power and make it more stable and supply a 2-5 min window of reserve power for mini brownouts and power flickers.
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:47 am

hashingpro wrote:Hardly at all. Very little impact I would imagine.

If you are solo mining and in the middle, you could drop out of a block you might have found and it could have cost you $1200. The odds of that round being found and being the one you disconnected from instead of finding..probably lottery winning odds on powerball.

If you are in the pool you are getting like a penny every 10 seconds or whatever, if you disconnect and reconnect you may have missed out on 1 extra penny at most, plus all the rest of the pennies the whole time you are offline not mining.

If the miners are just restarting its fine, the pool will reset and go offline and come back up every so often so your miners even if working right would still restart the mining service on the pool a few times a day anyways. It's normal and fine. If the electric isn't stable they do have UPS that can regulate the power and make it more stable and supply a 2-5 min window of reserve power for mini brownouts and power flickers.
Awesome Hashingpro, thanks!

Actually this miners are in Africa and I guess they need to invest in a diesel generator :)

Thank you so much for clarifying.