Difficulty and returns

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
SpacedCowboy

Difficulty and returns

Post by SpacedCowboy » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:28 am

So this isn't a clearly applicable dataset, because I let the pool choose which coin to mine, then pay myself in LTC. However, since I keep spreadsheets of, well, everything, I noticed something that I think is interesting:

For the week August 18th to August 24th, I made 86 LTC and change. That contrasts sharply with the week of Sep 8th to Sep 14th, where I made roughly half that at 43 LTC and change. We all know difficulty grows, but since I created the difficulty-tracking-and-predicting website http://ltcwisdom.net/, I was pretty sure that difficulty hadn't doubled on those periods. Here's the data:
PeriodReturn in LTCAverage LTC difficulty
Aug 18 -> Aug 2486446265
Sep 8 -> Sep 1443766384
Take home message: The return is almost exactly half in the second period. The difficulty only goes up by 1.7x

Now it's possible the various other coins I mine (predominantly bitconnectcoin) went up by more than LTC did, and I'd be interested to see that graph. It's also probable that the coin price I want to be paid in didn't track the difficulty of that coin, and that relationship could in fact be reasonably variant over time. I'm not alleging any foul play or anything like that, I'm more pointing out that prediction of future profits is more difficult than it would appear at first glance when you profit-mine the "best coin to mine".
bluelemonadecrypto

Re: Difficulty and returns

Post by bluelemonadecrypto » Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:17 am

The coin hopping here is not done optimally, I have studied it in some detail, and also found better coin hopping returns in other pools.
Kfedorek

Post by Kfedorek » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:36 pm

What do you think about nicehash?
bluelemonadecrypto

Post by bluelemonadecrypto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:04 am

I think there are aspects about them that are not nice.

I find mining-dutch.nl to be very genuine with extremely responsive admins available in the chat almost 24/7.

Returns are good, regular and solid.
bluelemonadecrypto

Post by bluelemonadecrypto » Wed Sep 20, 2017 6:07 am

I think there are aspects about them that are not nice.

I find mining-dutch.nl to be very genuine with extremely responsive admins available in the chat almost 24/7.

Returns are good, regular and solid.