"no valid shares" on most of my L3+

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dsldsl999

Re: "no valid shares" on most of my L3+

Post by dsldsl999 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:46 pm

I have also been getting "no valid shares" for a few hours on couple of my L3s. Prohashing pool is showing dead and alive. However, two others are working fine. They all have d=131072.
dsldsl999

Post by dsldsl999 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:32 pm

Now the others also have "no valid shares"! Oh well I go NH for now.
alvarezgen

Post by alvarezgen » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:12 am

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alvarezgen wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Unfortunately, we've been working on this issue for a month and still don't have any leads. Chris is going to try increasing the rejected share ban threshold today on the theory that because L3s have so much hashrate, they are more likely to submit rejected shares and exceed the ban threshold.

Hopefully, that will make a difference.
Same problem here on all my L3+. I have been mining with no problem for the past 2 - 3 days, but since yesterday I'm getting "no valid shares".

I hope increasing the rejected share ban threshold can fix this.
We just increased the threshold. Have you had more success now?
I have been mining for a couple of hours with no problem so far. I'll let you guys know if any eventuality
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:28 am

alvarezgen wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alvarezgen wrote:
Same problem here on all my L3+. I have been mining with no problem for the past 2 - 3 days, but since yesterday I'm getting "no valid shares".

I have been mining for a couple of hours with no problem so far. I'll let you guys know if any eventuality
That's great to hear. Please submit a support ticket if this problem returns.
ishkatar

Post by ishkatar » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:43 pm

Hi Steve...
It was working fine for a while, but I'm getting the issue again...

Thanks!
anonminerface

Post by anonminerface » Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:11 pm

I noticed the same issue today for the first time as well with my single L3+. Yesterday was my first day and I didn't see this problem. I'm new here, not sure on protocol. Should I submit a ticket?
Edit: I've switched to litecoinpool until I learn more about internal config settings on my ant miner (other than the pw field settings which are nicely documented here). I will be back after I have more info leading to resolution here.
JAsolutions

Post by JAsolutions » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:54 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alvarezgen wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:
Unfortunately, we've been working on this issue for a month and still don't have any leads. Chris is going to try increasing the rejected share ban threshold today on the theory that because L3s have so much hashrate, they are more likely to submit rejected shares and exceed the ban threshold.

duplicate post.. please ignore
Last edited by JAsolutions on Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAsolutions

Post by JAsolutions » Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:56 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
alvarezgen wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Hello,

I have not noticed big improvement. Can you confirm when it's showing "no valid shares" or "calculating hashrate", are my miners hashing and making money or are they just sitting there?

Thanks.
anonminerface

Post by anonminerface » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:01 pm

I switched back to pro hashing today and haven't noticed the issue yet.
Pitox

Post by Pitox » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:37 am

I can confirm that the issue is still present. I have 2 of my 5 L3+'s showing no valid shares.
Is there any update?
I will be moving to NH until this is solved
This is what is showing:
Difficulty: 65,536
Target difficulty: 65,536 (dynamic)
Work restart delay: Need more shares
Current restart penalty: 1.000
Minimum network difficulty: Not set
2hr share count: 0
2hr avg hashrate: Need more shares
Since first share: No shares yet
Mode: Pay-per-share