Need help to setup using MinerGate app

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
Sayonara21

Need help to setup using MinerGate app

Post by Sayonara21 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Hi I'm new in mining crypto currencies. I'm very happy and excited after I finally got my account in your site. Now I'm wondering how can get started mining in your pool using this app I found called minergate. I already used the host prohashing.com:3333 and my username but all I could get is a "network error". Can you help me with this or can you advise me a better mining tool easy to setup and will work with couples of my old cpu model with gpu like nvidia 7300. Sorry for my low end unit, I was just trying to juice out anything that I could with my old computers to mine low difficulty crypto currency then buy a new rig in the future. Thank you in advance for the help I really appreciate it!! :)
Gr33k

Re: Need help to setup using MinerGate app

Post by Gr33k » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:04 pm

Welcome to mining!

You really won't make a lot using anything but an ASIC really on Scrypt and X11 coins (those are the only two this pool mines). You'd be better off mining other algo coins that do not have ASIC on sites like zpool. You should ideally get rid of Minergate and just use a GPU miner like CCminer (if it supports your GPU even...).

You can check a similar question that was posted on this thread: Setup For Dummies - GPU - I need help

You can download CCminer from here: https://github.com/sp-hash/ccminer/releases

You can use coinwarz.com and/or whattomine.com to determine what should be most profitable for you. However, some of the newer coins that you can mine will not be listed on these sites. In my opinion, that's your best bet. Mine a new coin that comes out (Follow announcements https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=159.0 here to find cool new coins to mine), and horde it in hopes it gains value in the future.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:07 pm

You might make like 12 cents...in a year using 7300 video card miners.
Your electric bill will be a lot higher.

Good Luck to you.
Sayonara21

Post by Sayonara21 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:38 am

Thank you Gr33k! I was checking this Monero Crypto currency that can be mined using cpu and was wondering if I could use my old gpu cards if possible to add up more hashrate without knowing it's not possible here. I'll follow your advise and get back here once I have a decent rig to mine here. :)

@hashingpro Thanks bro I am totally clueless yet of what my old computers are capable in mining at least now I get a bit of an idea. :lol:
Btw, i'm using solar energy to power up my units.

Again, thank you guys! :cheers: