How to set up the Antminer D3

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
valera180876

Re: How to set up the Antminer D3

Post by valera180876 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:23 pm

GregoryGHarding wrote:
ZracheSs wrote:For gregory
No, not really... Got to start somewhere tho :)
I read alot, but no experience
just gauging how i need to wirte.

your pool will be prohashing.com:3333
Username: your ph username
Password: n=[w/e name you want(no spaces)] a=x11

Hello. Help me connect to the pool! I can not select the x11 algorithm. I have an antiminer D3. Help fill in all the lines. Where to enter
your pool will be prohashing.com:3333
Username: vova222
Password: n=[vova222]a=x11 - ???
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:59 pm

Looks good Val, but I would try:
Password: n=vova222 a=x11

The bracketed [ ] may not be good characters, and you need a space between the algo and the miner name.
MrCoffee

Post by MrCoffee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:51 am

November batch D3 you can overclock up to 29 Gh, have look to temperature.
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:07 am

Hello,
I also will be receiving my D3 miners.
One question, after setting up the username and password as for example:
password:n=DashMiner1 a=x11

How can I specify what currency I like to get paid in?
For example in the settings it has one chose and i chose Litecoin.
I have a D3 and a L3+ coming, and I like to get paid DASH for the D3 and Litecoin for the L3+.
Can someone shed some light as to the settings for both of these miners?

Regarda
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:28 am

All the mining you do is converted to the payout coin of your choice.

If you want both LTC and DASH payouts, then you add both coins and then use the slider to set a ratio.
75% LTC - 25% Dash.
50% - 50%
66-33

However YOU want to split it up. you could go in 100% dash or 100% LTC, whatever coins you are on, when they find blocks and split the shares they get converted to the coin you want to get payouts in.

If you want the D3 to pay you out in DASH and the L3+ to pay you out in LTC, you would need 2 accounts.
put the D3 on 1 with 100% dash payouts, and the L3+ on another account with 100% LTC payouts.
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:53 am

AppleMiner wrote:All the mining you do is converted to the payout coin of your choice.

If you want both LTC and DASH payouts, then you add both coins and then use the slider to set a ratio.
75% LTC - 25% Dash.
50% - 50%
66-33

However YOU want to split it up. you could go in 100% dash or 100% LTC, whatever coins you are on, when they find blocks and split the shares they get converted to the coin you want to get payouts in.

If you want the D3 to pay you out in DASH and the L3+ to pay you out in LTC, you would need 2 accounts.
put the D3 on 1 with 100% dash payouts, and the L3+ on another account with 100% LTC payouts.
I actually tried to create a new login for a Dash miner but it looks like you guys are full-> at capacity.
I will then only connect my L3+ miner here and then search somewhere else for the Dash miners.

Thanks
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:58 am

OR.....since the dash miner makes like 25% of what the L3+ miner makes per day you could just go with
75% LTC and 25% dash payouts, and just put both machines on the same account.

Wherever you end up,
HAPPY HASHING!
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:02 am

MrCoffee wrote:November batch D3 you can overclock up to 29 Gh, have look to temperature.
Mine came to me at 19GH already OCed, and 1 board kept getting all XXXXXX after 2-3 hours.
I had to downclock them to be at 17GH to stay steady and not pop XXXXX on hashboards after just a few hours.

You might be able to get them to 29GH, but tbh, at 17 and 19GH they are close to 80'C already compared to all the L3+s I have on the same rack OCed to the gills and those all stay way cooler, all under 60'C

Heat is crazy on the D3s, unless you are liquid cooling or have some type of aftermarket, Id Not turn them up past the 19GH some shipped with for fear of starting a china syndrome in the basement.
fynxgloire

Post by fynxgloire » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:49 pm

AppleMiner wrote:OR.....since the dash miner makes like 25% of what the L3+ miner makes per day you could just go with
75% LTC and 25% dash payouts, and just put both machines on the same account.

Wherever you end up,
HAPPY HASHING!

Ok but I will have 1 L3+ miner and 10 D3 miners ( bad mistake )
How could I split up the percentages so I get paid the most?
AppleMiner

Post by AppleMiner » Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:56 pm

fynxgloire wrote:How could I split up the percentages so I get paid the most?
You can't. There is no paid the most.

You get credit for hash, you turn that into coins. You can choose any coin/collection of coins you want.
The machines will mine whatever coin pays the most and then convert it into the coin you want.

You can mine scrypt and X11 and get paid in BTC which neither machine is able to mine.
It is all in how YOU want to be paid out. If you want it all in dash take it all in dash.
The L3+ miners will mine scrypt, give you credit for that amount, and convert it into a dash payment if that is what you want.

I am not sure what you are trying to do Fynxgloire, sorry.
Or maybe you don't fully understand how this pool is setup vs others that only pay out in the 1 coin they pay out in.