This miner is submitting shares too frequently...

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

Re: This miner is submitting shares too frequently...

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:23 am

hashingpro wrote:"This miner is submitting shares too frequently. Its static difficulty is too low, and therefore is being ignored."
So not really written in plain English since its ambiguous over WHAT "is being ignored."

A much better line might be:
"This miner is submitting shares too frequently. Its static difficulty is too low, and therefore THE DIFFICULTY is being ignored."

Even something along the lines of:
"This miner is submitting shares too frequently. Its static difficulty has been auto-adjusted. The miner is fine now."

But the way that error is worded now, I have no clue WHAT is being ignored, the difficulty, the whole miner? Can't really tell from that content.
Less use of pronouns, more proper nouns will help clarify things all over this site.
"This miner is submitting shares too frequently. Its static difficulty is too low, and therefore is being ignored."

it specifically states the Static difficulty is too low, and thats whats being ignored. note the periods and commas.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:51 am

So if we replace ITS with THE MINER'S.
"The Miner's difficulty is too low, and therefore is being ignored."
Nope still cant tell if its the difficulty or the miner that's being ignored from that sentence.

Try this one:
"The dog barked at a cat, it then ran up a tree."
Can you tell from this one, WHICH one ran up the tree?
(The dog barked and then the dog ran up) or (the dog barked and then the cat ran up.)
Its that "IT" pronoun, unless you replace it with what IT is, you can read it two separate ways.

And the error can be read 2 separate ways also. Its needs to be more verbose.
I'm not trying to be difficult just some of the phrases and sayings used are ambiguous and need pronouns removed so they are more clear.

Just 1 more reason they DO need a lawyer. A simple little comma cost a diary company MILLIONS of dollars. I'd hate for PH pool to lose it all over something petty like a pronoun that isn't defined clearly.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/20 ... story.html
n00bminer

Post by n00bminer » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:18 am

hashingpro wrote:So if we replace ITS with THE MINER'S.
Nope still cant tell if its the difficulty or the miner that's being ignored from that sentence.

Try this one:
(The dog barked and then the dog ran up) or (the dog barked and then the cat ran up.)
Its that "IT" pronoun, unless you replace it with what IT is, you can read it two separate ways.

I'm not trying to be difficult just some of the phrases and sayings used are ambiguous and need pronouns removed so they are more clear.
I love Wittgenstein philosophy! Great post Hashingpro!
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:07 am

Thanks for helping to understand guys!
micca410evo

Post by micca410evo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:37 am

hashingpro wrote:So if we replace ITS with THE MINER'S.

Try this one:

Just 1 more reason they DO need a lawyer. A simple little comma cost a diary company MILLIONS of dollars. I'd hate for PH pool to lose it all over something petty like a pronoun that isn't defined clearly.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business/20 ... story.html
Quit the attitude, you are trying to be correct but you understand half of it. Gregory corrects you and the only thing you can do is bark about word usage, get out of that defensive (feeling attacked) mode and help people out or read yourself into some handy info and try to get an understanding.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:57 pm

n00bminer wrote:I love Wittgenstein philosophy! Great post Hashingpro!
Thanks. I have a minor in philosophy with a concentration in symbolic logic.
When I see a sentence that I can evaluate two different ways it strikes up my OCD band until it can get resolved and reworded into something more clear, so NO i'm not giving up on this until it gets changed and pronouns are replaced to say exactly what is happening.

"This miner is submitting shares too frequently." "Its static difficulty is too low, and therefore is being ignored."

If you are saying that it IS the difficulty that is being ignored, fine, I have no issue with what is being ignored, as long as IT is being clearly stated.
This sentence IS written in plain English, its just ambiguous as to WHAT is being ignored.
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:24 pm

*bangs head on wall* Are we really doing this? If your smart enough to be mining...the error is self explanatory...We are getting into philosophy and all over this? No wonder the brothers have such a hard time with support. You understand the wording, let it go...Is it perfect for everyone, no obviously not...But jeez
Bitatlas

Post by Bitatlas » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:27 am

hashingpro wrote:
n00bminer wrote:I love Wittgenstein philosophy! Great post Hashingpro!
Thanks. I have a minor in philosophy with a concentration in symbolic logic.
When I see a sentence that I can evaluate two different ways it strikes up my OCD band until it can get resolved and reworded into something more clear, so NO i'm not giving up on this until it gets changed and pronouns are replaced to say exactly what is happening.

"This miner is submitting shares too frequently." "Its static difficulty is too low, and therefore is being ignored."

If you are saying that it IS the difficulty that is being ignored, fine, I have no issue with what is being ignored, as long as IT is being clearly stated.
This sentence IS written in plain English, its just ambiguous as to WHAT is being ignored.
LOVE IT! :D