L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dog1965

Re: L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:37 am

hashingpro wrote:
dog1965 wrote:Image
So...NOT making $42 dollars a day then?
I am not going by this carry over stuff I go by what i see pop up in my coinbase account. and it still mines with more hashing speed and better EFF then it did before I dont need to carnk up DIFF its fine for me at 65536 I make more. tried 131072 I made alot less.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:31 am

Each miner seems to like its own set of settings, even among the same brand make and models.
Some higher and some lower. You really do have to spend some time and work on it to tune each one up to optimal.
Did you keep any miners at the stock settings to compare how the changes affected the hashrates, stales, and efficiency ?

You were saying last post on page 2, you were making $42 a day. That's OK if you don't go by this carry over stuff, but you can see right above in your total earnings what you have been getting paid per day. Its more like around $32. Keep working to streamline that efficiency and your profits will only go up!
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:33 am

actually your right if you average it out over a weel a month a year its even less lite coin fell to 66.44 on coinbase as of this post maybe it will drop more or go up more the market is crazy so that also determines how much we make then after a week,month take all your total payouts divide them by number of days ande thats what we rfeally make.

The other answer I ran my miner stock then modified then stock again back and forth I am still testing so I didnt give my miner a chance to really settle in with the mod settings but I notices its solving made blocks and shares like crazy. and if I increase it to d=-131072 it does not hardly solves any blocks. and yes you are correct every body miners are different even with the same company thats why I said you have to keep playing with the numbers.

my EFF and hash speeds are great I will let it settle in with modded settings to see what happens for a week.

see how much it really pulls in over a weeks average payout. watching litecoin value and difficulty of coarse. as long as I make more than the profit calculator I am happy.

If you look at my chart above if you average all those days it comes to $26.61125 a day yuck!!!! but then again just joined pool.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:37 am

I'd go closer to $30 for the average, toss out that day with only $1.55 as an outlier.

But expect it to continue to drop weekly as more miners come online and the profits get spread across more players as the difficulty continues to increase.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:19 am

hashingpro wrote:I'd go closer to $30 for the average, toss out that day with only $1.55 as an outlier.

But expect it to continue to drop weekly as more miners come online and the profits get spread across more players as the difficulty continues to increase.
agreed 100 percent this is crazy now the litecoin profit calc says $21.67 usd because the coin value went down and diff went up. I feel like switching to eth coin the profit calc says it makes more just never tried it. I have over $2000 usd in litecoin so I think I will switch output and build up my ethernum coin. more when you cash out anyway then lightcoin. Thank god I dont pay for electric its included in my rent otherwise I would not mine at all.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 1:24 pm

If you are using the litecoinpool calculator, they mine percents of LTC each day, not money profit.
So, suppose the difficulty NEVER changes and stayed the same number all week long. Your miner may get .5 LTCs per day.
If the LTC price was $80, you made $40. When the LTC price drops down to $40, you only make $20. But you still only made .5 LTCs a day.

PH gives you $$$ for your hashing, which then goes into whatever coins you want. When you get $40 a day every day from PH during that week, you also only get .5 LTC when the price is $80, but when the price drops down to $40, you would get a WHOLE coin for that day.

Assuming the prices bounce back up to $80 per LTC the following week, you would find yourself WAY ahead going the PH way for profits.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:35 pm

I agree I use the litecoinpool.org calculator then check coinbase for latest coin values. so far so good. I dont have to pay for electric if I did I would not be mining.

any ideas on how to make better money online ?
kleissen86

Post by kleissen86 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:35 pm

So does changing the settings made a difference or not really?
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:22 pm

kleissen86 wrote:So does changing the settings made a difference or not really?
Still playing around stwitching between ethernum and litcoin. tring out

--no-submit-stale

in the l3 config file along with expiry and scantime. Looks like --no-submit-stale makes miner states more prestine but profit wise unknown. I am going to stay on one coin to see what happens.

vbbvbbbbb
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:54 pm

dog1965 wrote:try this I have a l3+ and these settings work nice for me. use winscp go into your L3+ miner go to main root directory then into your config folder and edit user settings it should say "queue 8192" this is how you know your in the right file than just add these two lines to it.

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28

BTW, I found a reference for these parameters in bitmain's official firmware source code here: https://github.com/bitmaintech/Antminer ... API-README

So I did try it, on 2 miners vs 2 miners with default settings.
Then the following day I swapped them to test the settings and not the miners running them by allowing each set to test the change.

Both times, the miner sets with the modified settings were WORSE than the default left alone miners.
28.10 to 29.40 == 95.58% as effeceint.
35.03 to 35.99 == 97.33% as effeceint.

Think I will leave mine at the default. Setting a static might be good for certain long or short time coins.
But I think leaving it blank forces values from the pool and those values are better from pool to pool than a static.

Your milage may vary.
Test for yourselves and see if you agree.