L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

Re: L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

dog1965 wrote:
kleissen86 wrote:So does changing the settings made a difference or not really?
Still playing around stwitching between ethernum and litcoin. tring out

--no-submit-stale

in the l3 config file along with expiry and scantime. Looks like --no-submit-stale makes miner states more prestine but profit wise unknown. I am going to stay on one coin to see what happens.

vbbvbbbbb
its wise to submit stale shares because its possible to contain non stale merge mined shares, its lost profit by not submitting stales
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:51 pm

your right.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:18 am

hashingpro wrote:
dog1965 wrote:try this I have a l3+ and these settings work nice for me. use winscp go into your L3+ miner go to main root directory then into your config folder and edit user settings it should say "queue 8192" this is how you know your in the right file than just add these two lines to it.

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28

BTW, I found a reference for these parameters in bitmain's official firmware source code here: https://github.com/bitmaintech/Antminer ... API-README

So I did try it, on 2 miners vs 2 miners with default settings.
Then the following day I swapped them to test the settings and not the miners running them by allowing each set to test the change.

Both times, the miner sets with the modified settings were WORSE than the default left alone miners.
28.10 to 29.40 == 95.58% as effeceint.
35.03 to 35.99 == 97.33% as effeceint.

Think I will leave mine at the default. Setting a static might be good for certain long or short time coins.
But I think leaving it blank forces values from the pool and those values are better from pool to pool than a static.

Your milage may vary.
Test for yourselves and see if you agree.
In general, unless someone has a good reason to change the defaults, the defaults are usually selected for a reason. It's nearly impossible for a human to do better than a computer can at selecting the best settings for a complex system like this (with the exception of no-submit-stale.)

The mining server has a lot of code dedicated to determining the characteristics of miners and adjusting work sent to them to achieve a balance from your best outcome and the pool's. Unless you know exactly what you're trying to achieve and why you want to achieve it, I suggest not changing settings in the hopes that something will work better.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 am

agreed when it is working like it suppose to instead of kicking all these low paying coins at me.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:31 pm

Dog, does it matter which coins you are mining if you are in the AUTO POOL?
Doesn't everyone in the pool share all the profits with everyone in the pool?

If I mine 500 shares of Linda coins in an hour while you mine 3 BCC coins arent all the profits thrown into a pot and divided out by how much hash everyone put in that is apart of the AUTO POOL during that time?

If everyone only got credit for the coin they were assigned to mine then it wouldn't be a POOL, It would just be an auto switcher.
The reason the expected 1MH payout chart works is only the AUTOPOOL payouts are divided by the AUTOPOOL 1MH/s hashrates to arrive at those numbers. So the value and profits are SPLIT by all those working on the pool.

Everyone on the automatic pool should be getting paid the same amounts per their hash contributions assuming they all mined the same time frame.
And any day's payout should be your hashpower(subtracting out the efficiency the pool reported you having lost) X 1MH expected payout for that day on the chart. Now if you only mined for 12 hours and others mined for 24 hours I would expect their payouts to be closer to the expected for the day and yours to be closer to half that, but again its based on your contribution to the pool during the time you were on it.

There is also a chance the market will inflate the first half of a day and 75% of the daily profits were generated during 4 hours of time, only to crash later on that day. The expected payout chart is an AVERAGE of the day, so if you were not on the full 24 hours, spikes and lulls can cause it to be off plus or minus to your actual earnings also.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:05 pm

I see your point. I dont disagree I just dont like mining low profit coins when my hash contributions could be directed to higher profit coins its like you said you make what hash rate shares you contributed. see my point I am only running one dam l3+ not 50 of them.

" but again its based on your contribution to the pool during the time you were on it. " still goes by shares you mined otherwise it would not be fair to everyone else.

if the profits get devided by "TIME" thats means everybody gets equal split your running 50 miners I am runing one miner and we make the same profit because we mined the same amount of ours that makes no sense.

its always about hash power and shares you mined!!!!! thats why I like to direct mine to higher paying coins since I only have one miner. I wish someone would donate a l3+ but thats never going to happen but thats no crime in dreaming lol.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:30 pm

dog1965 wrote:" but again its based on your contribution to the pool during the time you were on it. " still goes by shares you mined otherwise it would not be fair to everyone else.

if the profits get devided by "TIME" thats means everybody gets equal split your running 50 miners I am runing one miner and we make the same profit because we mined the same amount of ours that makes no sense.

its always about hash power and shares you mined!!!!! thats why I like to direct mine to higher paying coins since I only have one miner. I wish someone would donate a l3+ but thats never going to happen but thats no crime in dreaming lol.
Yes the profits get divided by TIME. If I have 50 miners then I spent 50 X more TIME on the network in an hour than you did. MINER_MANHOURS I would have 50 and you would have 1. But its not that its HASHRATE_MANHOURS.

Its your (hashrate*Time you were on) / (PROFITS MADE BY THE POOL DURING THAT TIME)

If we each had a single L3+ getting 500 hash.
In an hour you would get 100 Linda shares at 1 dollar each.
I might get only 20 shares of Florin but those are at 5 dollars each.

It balances out in the end. So you are complaining that you are only making 20 shares when others are making 100?
You wish you were mining the more profitable coin? Over time you will mine each of those on average the same amount.
So if florins drops to 4, then you will go 100, 80, 100, 80. But so will everyone else, it averages. Everyone in the pool hits the same BIG coin and LITTLE fast paying coin for the same amount of time, ON AVERAGE, OVER TIME. Yes if you jump on for 10 mins you may be stuck on 1 single coin, if you stay for a day you will see the average over time for a full 24 hour period.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:07 pm

well your rightr only time will tell when it pays out I switched to ethernum coin as my payout coin just to see if it makes more or not. anyway forget that --scantime and --expiry I erased it out of the config file now I just fuck with --queue I set it at 20 try it let me know what you get it seems to be better.

can you give my the formula for daily profit I been working my ass off wife is very sick and I am so tired at this point I understand the math formula better than word explanation.

no calculas please lol.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:09 pm

going to root my kindle fire now I will be back I fucking hate amazon os!!!!!
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:16 pm

I did mess with the --queue setting on the L3+

I was able to find a way for it to make 7-8% more profit per day.
But it took me 3 days of testing to lock down the settings.

Keep testing I'm sure you will find, since its for profit I'll name it, the P-Spot on yours also.
Happy and Safe mining!