L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
mrSnipes

Re: L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Post by mrSnipes » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:49 pm

dog how much efficiency and earnings did you have before the change ? I have around 85% eff, i guess this is also due to me being in europe.
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:14 pm

From the article you posted none of the expiry or scan time settings mean much if on stratum URL to connect in.
And setting values lower than the server assigns can lead to even MORE stales.

Glad you found good settings for you to use though.
Good Luck!
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:05 pm

mrSnipes wrote:dog how much efficiency and earnings did you have before the change ? I have around 85% eff, i guess this is also due to me being in europe.
here is another pic running buetifull over $24.00 usd and not even close to payout. :D

Jumps between 95 percent ant 100 percent never falls below 95 percent so I am happy now my numbers work. You just have to play with them to see what works for you. It drops to 95 percent because internet rush hour traffic everybody is on.
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:14 pm

hashingpro wrote:From the article you posted none of the expiry or scan time settings mean much if on stratum URL to connect in.
And setting values lower than the server assigns can lead to even MORE stales.

Glad you found good settings for you to use though.
Good Luck!
Your wrong about that it does matter I thought the same thing to but at the day all that matters it the proccess shares eff and what I already made in a 24 hour period.

any body flash the new l3+ firmware 08/??/?? there down right now reprograming there site. I cant wait to see this lol.
fargo

Post by fargo » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:09 pm

dog1965 wrote:try this I have a l3+ and these settings work nice for me. use winscp go into your L3+ miner go to main root directory then into your config folder and edit user settings it should say "queue 8192" this is how you know your in the right file than just add these two lines to it.

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28

then save file press ctrl-s this will save the file then exit winscp then set yor miner config for d=65535 then just restart your miner you should see much better results it works for me.
Thank you dog for sharing this. Do you add these values to the user_settings file with the preceding double dashes (--) or without? I'm asking because I notice the "queue" parameter is there by its own only. Also, does the miner have to be rebooted after modifying these values?

BTW, I found a reference for these parameters in bitmain's official firmware source code here: https://github.com/bitmaintech/Antminer ... API-README
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:13 pm

dog1965 wrote:Image
I think thats proof enough.
I'm reviewing the information and post you made.

The above says $43.09 LIVE BALANCE, but the PAYOUT ELIGIBLE: .48653820 looks to be what you got for the previous day's payout.
Over on the right, under 8 SECONDS AGO it says .60324503

so 43.09 / .60324503 == 71.4303.... as the current litecoin price.
Your earning for the previous day that was locked, .48653820 X 71.4303.... == 34.75.

This LIVE BALANCE snapshot may have been taken anytime after midnight and before the next payout period when the next day's profits are being added to that total.

Could you supply us with snapshots of the TOTAL EARNINGS bars for those days also?
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:54 pm

hashingpro wrote:
I think thats proof enough.
I'm reviewing the information and post you made.

The above says $43.09 LIVE BALANCE, but the PAYOUT ELIGIBLE: .48653820 looks to be what you got for the previous day's payout.
Over on the right, under 8 SECONDS AGO it says .60324503

so 43.09 / .60324503 == 71.4303.... as the current litecoin price.
Your earning for the previous day that was locked, .48653820 X 71.4303.... == 34.75.

This LIVE BALANCE snapshot may have been taken anytime after midnight and before the next payout period when the next day's profits are being added to that total.

Could you supply us with snapshots of the TOTAL EARNINGS bars for those days also?

the "EXP" is the day I made the expiry scantime adjustment. the "LITE" i was mining dual output coins "litecoin and ethernum" but switched back to just litecoin.

testing exp and scantime adjustment to see what happens
hashingpro

Post by hashingpro » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:02 am

So...NOT making $42 dollars a day then?
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:06 am

fargo wrote:
dog1965 wrote:try this I have a l3+ and these settings work nice for me. use winscp go into your L3+ miner go to main root directory then into your config folder and edit user settings it should say "queue 8192" this is how you know your in the right file than just add these two lines to it.

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28

then save file press ctrl-s this will save the file then exit winscp then set yor miner config for d=65535 then just restart your miner you should see much better results it works for me.
Thank you dog for sharing this. Do you add these values to the user_settings file with the preceding double dashes (--) or without? I'm asking because I notice the "queue" parameter is there by its own only. Also, does the miner have to be rebooted after modifying these values?

BTW, I found a reference for these parameters in bitmain's official firmware source code here: https://github.com/bitmaintech/Antminer ... API-README
this is what the file should look like I never treid it without the -- in it. you just need to restart miner "save and apply" but I alway reboot anyway also update your firware for l3+ the have a new one 8/??/2017 it looks like they fix the restarting issue so far mine dont restart anymore so far so good.
dont keep old settings when flashing new firmware.

dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:12 am

fargo wrote:

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28