L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
dog1965

Re: L3 Miner Very Inefficient

Post by dog1965 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:29 am

always use the power of two example 2,4,8,16,32,64,128,256,512,1024,2048,4096,8192,1634,32768,65536,131072,262144 and so on.

your profit per day depends on the coin price and the market and network diff not you diff. and if I am correct also the payout coin you choose.

at the time of this post each miner should be between $14.00 to $20.00 a day. but please dont hold me to it.
amirws

Post by amirws » Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:48 am

Do you know why not show hasrate in L3+ miner this is my resume:

Miner Status

Summary
Elapsed MH/S(RT) MH/S(avg) FoundBlocks LocalWork Utility WU BestShare
42m30s . 0.00000 . 0.00 . 0 2,805 0.00 . 0.00 . 0

Help me please. I'm mining in litecoinpool.org my worker is green but the speed in Zero (0.00).
dog1965

Post by dog1965 » Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:23 am

amirws wrote:Do you know why not show hasrate in L3+ miner this is my resume:

Miner Status

Summary
Elapsed MH/S(RT) MH/S(avg) FoundBlocks LocalWork Utility WU BestShare
42m30s . 0.00000 . 0.00 . 0 2,805 0.00 . 0.00 . 0

Help me please. I'm mining in litecoinpool.org my worker is green but the speed in Zero (0.00).
Make sure your username in your miner GUI matches the one thatyou used to sign up to litecoinpool.org with.
UK Miner

Post by UK Miner » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:05 pm

How did you get on with this?
bajula

Post by bajula » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:40 am

n00bminer wrote:
dog1965 wrote:try this I have a l3+ and these settings work nice for me. use winscp go into your L3+ miner go to main root directory then into your config folder and edit user settings it should say "queue 8192" this is how you know your in the right file than just add these two lines to it.

--scan-time=7
--expiry 28

then save file press ctrl-s this will save the file then exit winscp then set yor miner config for d=65535 then just restart your miner you should see much better results it works for me.
1. how did you get WinSCP to work with open-embedded software of L3+? (I get closed unexpectedly after authentication) Putty SSH works
2. Does not scan-time and expiry work best for http, not stratum based work? YMMV, but see below.
Kalroth wrote: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic ... msg5494025
Also there's a lot of poor and misguided advice on how the expiry, scan-time and queue settings actually influence the rejections you're experiencing.
A lot of these settings were made for HTTP communication and not the much more efficient stratum protocol*.

--expiry
This setting defines how long time it takes before a work share is declared stale.
It is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the statrum server is broken, then the setting is used as a fallback value.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting. Server will supply a proper setting.

To verify above simply follow the opt_expiry variable in cgminer.c source file.

--scan-time
This setting defines how long time, in seconds, the client should spend scanning current active work.
Again a setting that is not used on stratum servers, since stratum servers supply it with work shares.
Only exception is when the setting is lower than the server supplied setting, then it'll potentially generate more stale work.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 30 seconds for scrypt.

To verify above simply follow the opt_scantime variable in cgminer.c source file.

--queue
This setting defines how many work items you minimum got waiting in queue.
It is only relevant to prevent downtime when the stratum server is too slow at serving new work shares.

Recommendation: Leave at default setting, which is 1.

To verify above simply follow the opt_queue variable in cgminer.c source file.

* Stratum mining protocol: http://mining.bitcoin.cz/stratum-mining and http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=108533.0

Most bitmains seem work fine with win-scp. though a change like that shouldn't be persistent without adding it to a firmware "upgrade"
edit for: were you using sftp or scp when you tried to log in?