difficulty?

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
kaaaz89

difficulty?

Post by kaaaz89 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:29 pm

Hi,

I pointed my asic at your pool using your vardiff (password = x). I noticed that it doesn't go higher than 2048. Why it does not? Can you tell me the reason? At clever mining for instance, their vardiff always tries to "hit the high notes". Should I set my own difficulty? I am asking because prohashing is the first pay by share pool I use.

king regards
kaaaz89

Re: difficulty?

Post by kaaaz89 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:40 pm

I just set d=32768 for half an hour now and it works much better for me $.$
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:53 pm

Hey kaaaz,

We have the maximum vardiff set at 2048 because there are some Zeus miners that function poorly with higher difficulties. We might change it in the future.

But, as you discovered, you can set d=[some power of 2] and lock a difficulty in for yourself. You'll still get paid the same, but if you choose a higher difficulty, you'll help us reduce system load and use less of your own bandwidth.
kaaaz89

Post by kaaaz89 » Mon Oct 20, 2014 4:22 pm

okey I understand. Thanks for explaining.

miningrigrentals shows me a 105 mh/s over a duration of 1 hour ( I have a 80 mhs asic). This is amazing! Keep it up prohashing team!

king regards