Rejected Share Reasons

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
GregoryGHarding

Rejected Share Reasons

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:53 pm

i think we all know what the reasons behind some of the messages we receive in regards to the reasons behind rejected shares, an example being "both primary and merged mins shares are stale" but one that makes no sense to me is rejected shares for the reason "miner is using an incorrect algorithm" obviously this reason isn't accurate or there's an underlying issue with the stratum. can you please shed some light on this reject reason in terms of why we would be getting it, and what you guys plan to do about it. its simply an inaccurate error.. and why is there no share corrections for it?

Thanks Bros
JKDReaper

Re: Rejected Share Reasons

Post by JKDReaper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:07 pm

Yes, I agree this one puzzles me to. At one point yesterday I had 20% errors, about 18% of those being "incorrect algorithm".
DrIsk

Post by DrIsk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:06 pm

I am getting far more "both primary and merged mins shares are stale" errors than incorrect algorithm.

Would love to hear some info on this... I am never at 100% efficiency anymore and it's lost money.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:18 pm

DrIsk wrote:I am getting far more "both primary and merged mins shares are stale" errors than incorrect algorithm.

Would love to hear some info on this... I am never at 100% efficiency anymore and it's lost money.
The stale shares are primarily caused because the mining server is overloaded and we don't have the manpower to resolve the issue.

We plan to perform a profit analysis on August 20 and 22 to determine whether additional investment is likely to generate a return or not. For now, you'll have to make a decision whether to use this pool by including the stale rate in your calculations.
joshn712

Post by joshn712 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:23 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:
DrIsk wrote:I am getting far more "both primary and merged mins shares are stale" errors than incorrect algorithm.

The stale shares are primarily caused because the mining server is overloaded and we don't have the manpower to resolve the issue.

We plan to perform a profit analysis on August 20 and 22 to determine whether additional investment is likely to generate a return or not. For now, you'll have to make a decision whether to use this pool by including the stale rate in your calculations.

I am not sure this answers the first question above?
DrIsk

Post by DrIsk » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:40 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:

This is good to know - thanks Steve. Hope to hear the result of that analysis when you've got it.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:27 pm

Steve Sokolowski wrote:

you seem to have missed the topic question
mycide

Post by mycide » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 pm

Not the first time i see you asking either ^^
Running rigs: KNC Titan, Antminer D3 & L3+'s
JKDReaper

Post by JKDReaper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:43 pm

joshn712 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one to notice that. I've yet to ever hear a reason why.
Steve Sokolowski

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Fri Aug 18, 2017 11:05 am

JKDReaper wrote:
joshn712 wrote:
Steve Sokolowski wrote:

Glad I'm not the only one to notice that. I've yet to ever hear a reason why.
The reason there are stale shares is because sometimes performance issues in the mining server result in 100% CPU usage. When that happens, we know that a block is stale but there aren't enough resources available to compute the next coin assignment. Shares are rejected until all the backlogged calculations finish and current work is able to be computed for all miners.