The community must demand a change

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
FRISKIE

The community must demand a change

Post by FRISKIE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:49 am

Most other responsible and professional sites run a stable production environment and have a dev/integration environment where new features are FULLY tested, often with the help of experienced community members who know and understand the risks, and can login to provide real usage under real loads and feed that info back to work out bugs..

Sokolowski brothers are too cheap, too miserly, and too misguided and gloomy about the future of cryptos to invest in this, and use this so called live environment and your patient patronage to field test everything on the fly in the main production area.

Wake up people! They will continue to abuse the goodwill of the community until you all demand responsible development and a more professional approach to release management in general!
Steve Sokolowski

Re: The community must demand a change

Post by Steve Sokolowski » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 am

Hi FRISKIE,

Thanks for your suggestions. Everything is tested in a development environment well before release. The production environment, however, significantly differs from what we can test because of the amount of hashrate there. With our current setup, we do not have the manpower to create a full test environment.

I understand your frustration, but I've pointed out that we are planning to evaluate next steps on August 20 and 22 in other threads. It is true that we have so far chosen to take a conservative approach to this project. I've already estimated that the risk we would be taking to dramatically expand capacity and compete with the big pools is around a quarter million dollars. Few people, including you I'm sure, would be willing to put that much money on the line without absolute certainty that at least some of it will be earned back. This is enough money to sit around playing video games for a decade without having to work.

The analysis might reveal that we should invest and expand, that we should limit registrations and focus on being a small pool, that the business is unlikely to be profitable when this bubble ends, or somewhere between. Whatever the case, we've already heard your call and ask that you exercise patience until we perform the analysis to see what direction we should take. But creating a riot to leave isn't going to help anything, and it would actually force us towards the lower investment option.

Thanks,

-Steve
Last edited by Steve Sokolowski on Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
Raab

Post by Raab » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:10 am

If you ain't happy mate leave. No need to slate other peoples hard work on trying to build something.

They are doing what they can and don't see why they would intentionally not do their best if it is their project. They have a vested interest.

What is the point in publicly bashing them here? No need. Again, if you ain't happy - leave.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:21 am

no need to throw the leave recommendations around, although i disagree with friskies criticism to a point, we are all entitled to our opinion, whether or not people accept them as creative criticism is completely up to them. we are all here because we value what PH puts on the table. lets just not be hostile to one another.
lawminer

Post by lawminer » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:25 am

I think if you do not like what they do you can leave. These guys are doing a great Job. WELL DONE STEVE. JUST HELP SEND THE LOST SHARES MANUALLY
Raab

Post by Raab » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:32 am

GregoryGHarding wrote:no need to throw the leave recommendations around, although i disagree with friskies criticism to a point, we are all entitled to our opinion, whether or not people accept them as creative criticism is completely up to them. we are all here because we value what PH puts on the table. lets just not be hostile to one another.

Wasn't trying to antagonise and I agree - constructive criticism and recommended points are beneficial and helpful. But telling people that they are cheap, miserly and irresponsible isn't very helpful.

There are different ways of phrasing things that how it was done...something that would be more constructive rather than just severely criticising someone else's hard work.
jkleohart22193

Post by jkleohart22193 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

@FRISKIE there is no alternative!
Eyedol-X

Post by Eyedol-X » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:42 am

Maybe I'm confused here but to my understanding this isn't a non-profit or community driven pool project. It's my understanding this is a full/part time business for the brothers and they are the only ones "investing" in it as I don't see a donate/investor option anywhere.

The only way they could create a test environment with enough "testing" before a release would be to have either a public testing pool online, perhaps at a reduced fee and with a restriction of who can mine on it OR they would have to have enough miners to effectively test all scenarios of configurations prior to release.

Both of the above scenarios would require a significant investment in either additional hardware/rackspace to effectively create a second pool for the entire environment and/or would require a significant investment in mining equipment plus keeping up with new miners as they are released. Additionally, these scenarios would also require an increased amount of administration.

To be candid, I'm not happy about the recent issues and I simply took my hashrate elsewhere for the time being. I don't knock the brothers for taking time for themselves as well as trying to figure out a way to fix the problem. Instead, I appreciate the fact they are continuing to work on this pool because they could just as easily say "fuck this" and move on with their lives and abandon development. As any user, I do wish they would have more availability to enhance features, address issues, and add new coins but the bottom line is that two people only have so much capacity to do things in a given day.

The bottom line is, everyone here has two options, take your hashrate elsewhere or continue to mine through the problems. I opted with this recent scenario where Chris was out of town to move my hashrate as I knew if problems cropped up, they wouldn't realistically be fixed until he got back. The brothers were very clear in forum posts made prior to and during these recent events as to what was going on. I for one appreciate their transparency and communication regarding issues and their expected resolution time frames.

In Summary, I'm patiently waiting for these recent issues to be resolved and I'll be bringing my hashrate back to Prohash, until then I'll keep watching the forums and the chat.
FRISKIE

Post by FRISKIE » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:53 am

Good to see the followup to the post, and make no mistake about my love for the site and the community that has grown up around it.

My posts are occasionally provocative and intended as a bit of counterpoint to poke the hornets nest in a constructive manner.

I've stuck with the site through periods far worse than this and will not abandon it simply because I would do a few things differently.

What I will not do however is keep quiet, pull punches or otherwise refrain from expressing my views in an open and public forum, provided I follow acceptable norms and protocol. The obvious single exception to this has been my recent outburst with unacceptable language, for which I have offered an unequivocal and sincere apology.

PH is Great, the community and devs/owners make it Great, and I am thankful to be a part of this community.
BalloonTree

Post by BalloonTree » Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:46 am

Requesting for investors?
Via ICO?

PH tokens?