Rapid coin switching

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
georgiaturtle

Rapid coin switching

Post by georgiaturtle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:00 am

What effect does the rapid coin switching have on miner profitability? I can regularly see coins changes of up to three times within the blink on the eye in the earnings dashboard. I don't see how it is possible any mining hardware can respond that quickly to coin restarts and get a share submitted on those coin changes, especially when using high static d= settings and network latency in general.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Rapid coin switching

Post by GregoryGHarding » Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:35 am

h= will slow down coin switching by weeding out the lower diff coins, the number you enter will ignore coins with a difficulty lower than that number
Gr33k

Post by Gr33k » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:07 am

I've tried h=1 and h=5 with no luck in stopping coin switching. I've seen h=50-1000 suggested by Chris but haven't tried it because I worry that I'm going to miss out on shares. Setting a static diff around 130k seems to help reduce the restart time, but it's not a complete solution.

Anyone have any setting that works well with coin switching and shares (profitability)? Looking for L3+ Antminers myself, but any ASICs are up for discussion here :)
georgiaturtle

Post by georgiaturtle » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:26 am

On the L3+ I have a diff of 98K and no minimal network difficulty and restart time is showing at 0.214 seconds. Titans I'm using h=3 to set minimal network difficulty and diff of 98K and restarts times average 1 second. I still see Titans switching on the same coins as L3+ but not all the time so h=3 does have some impact.