Block withholding antminer l3 or l3+

Encounter a problem related to the pool or have a request for a feature? Post your issue here and we will help you out.
Forum rules
Welcome to the System Support forum! Encounter a problem related to the pool? Post your issue here and we will help you out.

Keep in mind that the forums are monitored by PROHASHING less closely than the official support channels, so if you have a pressing issue, please submit an official support ticket so that our Support Analyst can look into your issue in a timely manner.

We cannot answer financial questions related to your account on a public forum, so those questions should always be submitted through the orange Support button on prohashing.com/about.

For the full list of PROHASHING forums rules, please visit https://prohashing.com/help/prohashing- ... rms-forums.
megaquake

Block withholding antminer l3 or l3+

Post by megaquake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:02 pm

Who all is using these miners on this pool? and are your balances getting forfeited for withholding blocks from the pool?

I do not understand how this could be done.
GregoryGHarding

Re: Block withholding antminer l3 or l3+

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:24 pm

what do you mean by withholding blocks?
megaquake

Post by megaquake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:32 pm

That's what I want o figure out, it is an attack of sorts and I do believe that people actually try to cheat this way.

I looked this up on the Bitcoin whitepaper, there is allot more to it and look complicated.

We consider the scenario of an attacker trying to generate an alternate chain faster than the honest
chain.
GregoryGHarding

Post by GregoryGHarding » Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:45 pm

we dont deal with sha256d here, only scrypt and x11, so that wouldnt cause your forfeited balances, the only ways to mine with prohashing is pooled PPS mining which you dont get block reward, or solo mode, where you do get the block reward. if youre having issues with strange forfeiture, id recommend opening a ticket so they can look into the details of your account, by either emailing [email protected] or my opening a ticket directly @ http://support.prohashing.com
Maxumark

Post by Maxumark » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:01 pm

I am running some L3, L3+ and Titans on the pool.
I don't understand the question about withholding blocks.
IT looks like things are running good now, but yesterday when the pool was running slow I noticed a lot of Rejected and Stale and restart delays up to 10 seconds. Also a lot of "calculating" and "no shares submitted yet"

Please provide links to any information RE Antminet L3, L3+ block withholding as I would optimize my Miners.

I have noticed that when the pool is starting to lag or get behind on processing shares the Titans handle it much better, but the L3+ cant go for more than 15 minuets without "restarting" at the pool, on the miner interface its still running the whole time.

Any additional information or recommended settings for the L3+ would be greatly appreciated.

I would estimate that between 30 to 50% of the pool hashrate is coming from L3, L3+ at the moment so that is 500 to 750 L3,L3+ workers on the pool.
megaquake

Post by megaquake » Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:12 pm

Maxumark wrote:I am running some L3, L3+ and Titans on the pool.
I don't understand the question about withholding blocks.
IT looks like things are running good now, but yesterday when the pool was running slow I noticed a lot of Rejected and Stale and restart delays up to 10 seconds. Also a lot of "calculating" and "no shares submitted yet"

Please provide links to any information RE Antminet L3, L3+ block withholding as I would optimize my Miners.

I have noticed that when the pool is starting to lag or get behind on processing shares the Titans handle it much better, but the L3+ cant go for more than 15 minuets without "restarting" at the pool, on the miner interface its still running the whole time.

Any additional information or recommended settings for the L3+ would be greatly appreciated.

I would estimate that between 30 to 50% of the pool hashrate is coming from L3, L3+ at the moment so that is 500 to 750 L3,L3+ workers on the pool.
I believe it is just a pool side problem that they are trying to work out, was just wondering if anyone else was getting their balances forfeited.